Homewrecker!

AN: Not proofread. Kindly excuse the errors.

Rating : General audience

Disclaimer : All fictional characters in this story belong to their respective owners.

====================================================

Homewrecker! Ugh that word seems just too harsh! But the funniest thing was men were never called that, Jonah mused to himself. If women fell in love with married men, then they were called amongst other swear words, a homewrecker... But when the third wheel in a marriage was a man, then again the so called society blamed the female saying her morals weren't good for having an affair, while that man who was having the affair with the married lady isn't even mentioned unless he's a celebrity! Oh such a biased society!

Well just as that thought settled in his mind, he was now confused as to whether he really wanted to be called a 'homewrecker' himself! But then his righteous conscious which was oh so lovingly drilled into his head by his dearest 'call a spade a spade' ma, would never let him be... So in the essence of it he knew he was one especially as he saw Amy in a group hug with Emma and Adam. As he sat in his bed drunk from the 'I survived a tornado' drink fest with his colleagues from later that evening, he could just ponder whether he was really drinking to the tornado survival or that life changing kiss survival... But his tortured mind couldn't take any more of his heavy weight thinking and decided to just blank out due to exhaustion.

The next day he realised surviving a tornado was so much more than hiding under a cupboard for the storm to pass... It was more about the after math of that storm. As he woke up around noon, the first thing he realised that he was very very late for his work and just as he sprung up to run to his bathroom to get ready for whatever day was left, he remembered the state of the building from yesterday... It didn't even have a roof!

Jonah was suddenly very concerned about a lot of things and chief amongst it was whether he had a job or not! His immediate reflex reaction was to pick his phone and dial speed dial 3 because well first two were his ma and pa... But just as it was going to ring, he disconnected the call. The happenings of yesterday was coming back to him like a mini tornado in itself and suddenly being employed or not wasn't his primary concern anymore!

Amy! He had kissed Amy yesterday! Oh my God! He really did kiss Amy yesterday that too sitting under the diarrhoea medicine cupboard! Ugh what way to remember a life changing kiss, seriously couldn't they have chosen some interesting medicine rack or at least vitamin supplement rack? Ah well, what was done was done, at least they didn't die yesterday, so that's a point right there, those meds really did their work and stopped all the motion! He laughed at his own potty humour and turned to face the mirror. As if his reflection had more sense than himself, he suddenly realized he was simple stalling from thinking about the actual topic here.

He had kissed Amy and today even though its half past noon Amy still hadn't called him like she usually did when he was late to work. Well ok there may not be a place to work now, but still if it hadn't been for that kiss she would have at least called him by now to inform him about the work status or something lame which she must have surely heard from the corporate, being the part of the management team; but no, no missed calls at all... So she might have ended the conversation with thanking him for the support and completely sidestepping the kiss part, but this lack of communication from her part indicated that she too was affected by that kiss to some extent even if not to the extent he was. Suddenly the word 'homewrecker' and the wish to be called one cropped into his head as some foggy memory. The choice of word 'wish' his mind chose to enlighten him with his memory made him a little shamefaced. Well, because his crystal clear conscience now became even more clearer by accepting that he would be, truth be said, slightly happy , oh who was he kidding, he would be immensely if he was called a homewrecker because that meant that the lady in question, Amy, really did love him more than her husband!