Chapter 1

~ Seth's P.O.V~

"Mhmm" I mumble in reply to Beth as I stare at my best guy friend Charlie. I've liked him for some time now but I try not to show it. So I developed feelings for Madison. Obviously that didn't work out. So I'm going to die alone. But I still see Charlie and think that maybe there is hope.

"Seth? Are you listening?" Beth asks as she waves her hand in my face. I look at her and shake my head. She sighs, "Seth, I was saying that you have to stop staring at Charlie or others will find out." Beth was the only one who knew. We were like siblings. If one of us had a problem we confided in one another.

"I know. But I can't help it. Just look at him!" I sigh in frustration. When I get home I'm going to hit the weights. That always helps. Out of the corner of my eye I see Charlie walk away from Jeffery and Hunter and head our way. "Beth, he's coming this way!" I whisper.

She just laughed as Charlie came up beside me. Inside I was squealing like a teenage girl at a 1D concert. But on the outside I just nodded at him and he nods back. A little of me died at that. "Hey. I feel like I'm being talked about" Charlie said. Beth laughed and shook her head. Lies.

"Nah. Like always Charlie your feeling is wrong." Beth tells him. Then the coach blows the whistle signaling us to go dress back into uniform. Charlie, Beth, Hunter, Jeffery, and I all walk down the hall to the locker rooms. Beth breaks off from the group as she follows Madison, Sarah, and Abby into the girls locker room. I follow the guys inside the boys locker room and quickly change shirts and grab my backpack and leave the room to wait outside.

"Hey Seth" Andrew comes out of the locker room as Beth walks by. She waves at me and walks away, into the gym with Andrew. She found love with him, why can't I have my man. I sigh. Life is unfair. Charlie comes out of the locker room with Jeffery and Hunter in tow.

The four of us walk to the buses just chatting about random things. I keep sneaking glances at Charlie and sometimes is looks like he's doing the same to me bit it could just be my imagination. When we reach the buses we go our separate ways. Great. Another day, another piece of my heart that leaves with him.

------------------------

Hallo people. Teri here. I hope you like this story so far. All the characters are real people. Beth is based off of my personality but the ages are completely made up. This will take place in 9th grade btw.