t h i r t y | Jack

We moved into the house within an hour.

The thing is, we had no furniture.

But it's alright, having no furniture is better than being sentenced for murder.

I sat in our new 'living room' and tried to forget everything.

I was trying to forget my friends, my school, my life in Derry, and my ex girlfriend, Alex.

She was the hardest to forget. But in the end, I did it.

I became a new person by forgetting my past, and I hope that's alright.

I hope.

Alex's POV

I woke up in my bedroom to a tear soaked pillow. I wanted to text Jack, but I couldn't.

I looked out my window at the house I first spotted Jack in.

The first day we met.

I closed my eyes and remembered back to the happier times.

-

I looked up at the house across the street from me and see a brown haired boy looking down at me with his head in his hands.
I chuckled a bit, because he saw me looking at him and he ducked down under the window frame, out of sight.

-

I opened my eyes and saw that when I was day dreaming, two police cars and an ambulance pulled up to their old house.

I looked down to see the body of my kidnapper.

He was dead, but they were still investigating it like he was alive.

I ran down the stairs to my mom.

"Hey mom?" I asked.

"Yes Hun?" She replied.

"Can we move again? I want to see Canada." I said, making up a lie off the top of my head.

"Yeah sure, sugarplum. Anything for you." She said before rubbing my hair into a mess.

I turned around and walked up the stairs, packing up all my clothes.

It was easy to pack, because I move so much.

I barely had any clothes or knick knacks. I was done with everything by the time the clock struck twelve.

So was my mom.

She called the moving truck.

It got here within 10 minutes. And with that, we loaded up all our furniture and bags.

We hopped in the car and waved goodbye to our house.

The only reason I wanted to move is because every time I look back at the house I was reminded of the kidnapping and my ex.

The ex I wanted back.

I slept for a few hours before my mom woke me up.

We were in a town called North Bay.

My mom pulled up to a random house in the town.

It was a few blocks away from a school, so I figured I would go there when school season rolled around.

"Who's house is this?" I asked my mom, pointing at the house.

"It's my old friend Naomi's second house. She lives in Florida but she comes here every winter. She said we can stay here."

I nodded, not entirely understanding her logic.

"Plus, your little cousin Alice lives next door!" She exclaimed, pointing to the house next door.

_

Once again, we were done unpacking before bed.

I closed my eyes as I rested on the couch in our new living room.

I tried to forget.

Forget everything about Derry, because it was gone.

I was a new person.

A new person without Jack.

This story is wack. Like crazy. K thx for reading bye
Written; September 12

Peace out,
-A