Cuts

Your POV

"God, that was a long day." You said, collapsing on the bed.

Ethan giggled at you. "It's only been 4 hours since you woke up."

You smiled at him. "I know, but still." He walked over to you and leaned down, kissing you. You kissed back, pouring love and affection into it.

Eventually, Ethan pulled back. "I should probably go record something. Gotta keep that upload schedule going."

You sighed as he walked to the bedroom door. "Don't take too long. I'll probably be in here, taking a nap or something."

He turned around as he opened the door and blew you a kiss. You pretended to catch it, and he grinned. "Love you."

You grinned back. "Love you, too." He closed the door behind him.

You stared at the ceiling for a couple minutes, thinking about what to do. Emerson wouldn't be home for a couple hours, and you told Mr. O'Connell that Kaprice would be over today and that you were busy with her. Well, she was out getting lunch, and probably wouldn't come back for another half hour.

"I could call mom and dad." You said to yourself, sitting up in the bed. "I haven't talked to them since we left home." You grabbed your phone and searched through your contacts, finding your mom's number and hitting the call button. It rang a couple times before she picked up.

"Good timing, I was just about to call you." You could tell by her voice that she wasn't particularly happy about something.

You decided to shrug it off. "Hey, mom. Just calling to check in on things. How's everything back home?"

She ignored your question. "You have a child?"

You bit your lip. "W-who, Emerson? Yeah, I adopted her a couple months ago."

She seemed to get madder. "With Ethan. Who you are NOT married to."

You tried not to get upset. "Yes, I know that we're still dating. But you know how I feel about kids, mom. You know that I've always wanted kids since I was little."

"Yes, and you know how your father and I feel about that. We told you, no children until you're married!"

You felt tears threatening to fall down your face. "I know, but just meet her before you make assumptions! She 's a really sweet girl, and-"

Your mom cut you off. "I don't care what she's like, (Y/n). You disobeyed us."

The tears fell down. You lost the battle. "Mom, please, stop-"

She cut you off again. "What's next, you're going to have an ACTUAL child before you're married?! You know what? Don't come home for Thanksgiving. Or Christmas. Don't come home ever. You're a disgrace to this family." She hung up.

You slowly put the phone down onto the bed and started sobbing. "What did I do?" You thought out loud.

You got one of those thoughts. One that hasn't came to your mind since Emerson came.

You ran downstairs, locking yourself into the bathroom. You searched through the cupboards, looking for something, until you finally found what you were looking for.

Razor blades.

You carefully took one out, stared at it for a second, then took your shorts off. You slowly drug the blade across your thigh, watching the crimson blood drip down from the cut.
------------
Ethan's POV

"DAD!" Emerson screamed, running into my recording room. I quickly saved my edit, hoping that she didn't see it.

Luckily, she paid no attention to the screen. "Mom locked herself in the bathroom. I think something's wrong!"

I widened my eyes and dug through one of the desk drawers, pulling out a small key I kept, just in case. I stood up from the chair and followed her to the bathroom.

Before I could stick the key in, the lock clicked and the door widened just enough so Iris could slip out.

She looked at me sadly. "Before you start yelling at me, I had nothing to do with this. She did this on her own."

I put the key in my pocket. "Is she okay?"

Iris nodded. "Hopefully. I cleaned it all up as best as I could, but she's still crying."

Emerson walked up to me, lightly grabbing my hand to comfort me. "What happened?"

Iris smiled slightly and bent down so she was at eye level with Emerson. "Problems with her mom." She looked up at me. "Ethan, call her mom and talk to her. Try to make things right."

I nodded. "Okay."

Iris hesitated before she moved out of the way to let me in. Emerson let go of my hand, and I turned the knob, opening the door and walking in.