t w e n t y - o n e

"What if he finds me? I mean, he'll know where we went." I told Peter as I paced his room.

He sighed from his spot on the bed, his eyes following my every move, "You just need to calm down-"

"You don't have people out to kill you, Peter!" Peter gave me a pointed look, causing me to sigh, "Never mind."

"You're safe here with me, Peyton. I promise. I won't let anything happen to you." he stated, standing up and making his way over to me, "You have nothing to worry about."

"Besides never being able to leave or live my life. Yeah, nothing at all to worry about."

Peter chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, "I'll figure something out. And by I, I mean the other me."

I nodded against his chest, "I believe you."

- * -

I have never been more bored in my life.

It has been about two months since Peter had brought me back to his apartment and I have yet to even step outside. He won't even let me open the window to get some fresh air.

"It's for your own safety, Peyton." he would say every time I would the argue with him about the matter.

May is on my side, though, saying it would be good for me to get out of the apartment for a bit. Of course, Peter still won't allow it.

"Peter," I stated from my spot on his bed, "You do realize I would like to go to school for our senior year."

"You can if everything is calmed down." he replied as he typed something on his homemade computer.

Rolling my eyes, I stood up and crossed my arms, "I'm pretty sure everything is calm by now, Pete. It's been two, almost three, months."

"You don't know-"

"I do know, Peter! Norman may have been the Green Goblin; hell, we don't even know if he actually was. I feel like a damn prisoner."

He turned towards me, his brown eyes focused on my form. I looked down at my sock-clad feet for a second before looking up at him again. Peter nodded slightly and rubbed his eyes before standing up, "Fine. Leave."

"What? Pete-"

"You said you feel like a prisoner," he shrugged, "That's not what I was trying to do; I was trying to protect you, but if you don't want that, then go ahead and leave."

"Now you're just overreacting." I sighed, shaking my head.

"Am I? Peyton, I know you want to go outside. I'd love to take you out without having to worry about your safety. I lost you once, though. I'm not about to do that again."

I let my arms fall down to my side before I stepped up to him, grabbing his hands in mine gently, "I appreciate you looking out for me. It honestly means the world to me," I smiled up at him, "But I can't sit in this apartment all day, every day. I'm human, Pete. I need fresh air and sunshine."

His brown eyes stayed on mine, a soft sigh escaping his lips, "I know you do." he whispered, kissing my forehead softly, "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize." I chuckled, "You can take me outside, though. Even if it's just to the front door."

Peter laughed slightly before nodding, "Get your shoes on."

I quickly slid on some flip flops before following him out of the bedroom. He reached back and grabbed my hand in his, intertwining our fingers together as we walked out of the apartment and to the elevator.

Once we finally made it out of the main doorway of the building, I took in a deep breath, "Finally."

"Hm, yes. Finally." a familiar voice stated.

We both turned, our eyes landing on a figure floating on a familiar glider. Peter quickly pulled me behind him, never taking his eyes off of the Green Goblin.

"I've been waiting for you, Peyton."

= * =

prob gonna end this soon cause I have no more ideas heh

guys I've found another guy to obsess over:

Bill Skarsgård ladies and gents