Chapter 9

~*2 weeks later*~

*Reader's POV*

It was after my Cadet's morning training when I was called into Shadis's office. Where I came face to face with Hange Zoe, Commander Erwin, and another male with short black hair with intimidating gray eyes with dark circles underneath them. He wore the Scouts uniform but his was personalized with a white button up shirt and cravat. Meeting Shadis's gaze with a raised brow and a questioning gaze, but instead of holding my gaze Shadis looked away. "Miss L/N have you ever heard of the Phantom?" asked Erwin.

I nodded because it was true, the Phantom was so well known that news about him even reached us out here. "Is he a friend of yours?" he asked. When I shook my head the man in the corner tch'd and coldly said "Care to explain why the gear we found matches the blueprints in your room?" I smirked and said "You can ask anyone here that I rarely lock my door unless I'm sleeping, so in truth anyone could go into my room during the day and plant the blueprints. Might I ask what type of gear was recovered?" The male's gaze narrowed as he said "We found a canister." "And that was the only thing recovered? How can you be so sure that the canister even remotely resembles the designs that were found in my room? For me to even be implicated on such little evidence is quiet astonishing, don't you agree Captain Levi?" I asked meeting his cold gaze.

Immediately after my words Shadis moved and I turned my gaze to him. His tired gaze met mine as he seemed to grow older right before my eyes. "L/N the blueprints and the canister is pretty damning evidence. They requested that you go to Scout headquarters with them until they figure out how your involved" he said. My eyes narrowed as I looked at the Commander and said "You're not just doing this because I refused your offer to join the Scouts is it?" Erwin shook his head and said "No, but there are plenty of people out there who would condemn you just because we found the blueprints in your possession. I apologize for the inconvenience we've caused you in separating you from your trainees."

I raised my chin and gave him a salute. When he nodded I headed towards the door then looked over my shoulder. "You have one hour, and I apologize but I must send Captain Levi along with you" Erwin said after that I nodded and left. I walked towards the training area and waited. It didn't take long for my squad to stop what they were doing and give me a salute. "I'm handing you back over to Shadis's command" was all I said. "What do you mean? Are you going somewhere?" Armin asked. I nodded and said "I'm being taken to Scout headquarters. I'm to remain there until they figure out my involvement with the Phantom."

"What right do they have to take you?" Jean demanded. "They found evidence in my room that implicates that I have a connection with the Phantom" I answered. "What'd they find?" Eren asked. "They found some blueprints in my room that may or may not resemble the design of a canister they discovered at the scene of the crime" I said. "When do you leave?" Reiner asked. "30 minutes" I answered. "Will we ever see you again?" Armin asked. I smiled and said "If we ever cross paths again we'll finish your training." Suddenly they straightened and saluted. Looking behind me I saw Captain Levi standing there with his arms crossed. "What's taking you so long Brat?" he sneered.

I narrowed my gaze, gave him the bird and stalked off towards my quarters. It took little time at all to gather my things, but I had to repack when Levi insisted on making sure I wasn't taking anything else with me like evidence. As Levi riffled through my things I glared at him and asked "Are you happy now that you know that all that's in there is some clothing and a few personal items?" "Tch I'd feel better if you would explain the rocks I found in your bag, as well as the messily carved wooden figures. If I didn't know any better I would say they were gifts given to you by a child" he said coldly.

"I occasionally receive gifts from the Cadet's I work with" I answered as I reorganized my bag. "Tch like a token of affection from a male Cadet? If so they have a limited imagination when it comes to giving tokens of love. Tch a book of Shakespeare's plays is hardly original" he snorted as he picked up the book and started to flip though it. "What do we have here Brat? Flowers?" he sneered as he removed a pressed flower he discovered between the books pages. He placed the flower back and tossed the book back on the bed and said "If these are gifts from old flings I suggest you leave them here Brat they'll only weigh you down."

I glared at him and said "I can already tell that your going to be more of a girl than I am." I felt his cold gaze as I went and grabbed a few more books and he glared at the books titles in disgust as he watched me place them in my bag. I closed the bag and together we met the others. The whole ride to the base I felt Levi's cold glare on me, and I ignored him as I carefully examined my surroundings. I hadn't left the safety of Shadis's base in a long time and was feeling uneasy out in the open. Suddenly we were joined by four others.

One was an older gentleman with slightly curly light brown hair and small hazel eyes. He seemed to be acting like Levi because he wore a cravat as well as the same hairstyle. Beside him was a girl with amber eyes and short hair that was either a light ginger or a strawberry blonde. In front of them was another man with long blonde hair put into a small bun and brown eyes. Then the last to join us was another male with dark colored eyes and his black hair styled into a point, he had a darker skin tone compared to the others. They all seemed to be in good spirits until they noticed me.

I gave them a short nod then continued to eye my surroundings. I was the first to notice an old castle and soon had to keep up with the others as they hurried to what I assumed was their base of operations. I dismounted with the others and after we fed and watered the horses I was suddenly grabbed by Hange. She showed me my room and then left me to my own devices.''