Hell 8

CLOUD NINE. A DEATH RACE.

"Are you really sure you'll gonna come there?" Kenzo eyed me and waiting for my response. I didn't answer him yet I am looking to the building where we parked near to it.

The building was just 10 storey, it's a pension house then it has a gun's shop on the first floor. Its kinda weird for the first timer to see it, but for those who are always stayed here weren't mind why does it summoned here afar from the city. It has two houses next to this building.

This is not just an ordinary place.

"I have this kind of feeling na may hindi magandang mangyayari ngayong gabi." I heard a deep sighed from him.

I gave him a glanced. His eyes was locked on the building too.

"Well, we're here now. No backing off." I said calmly. We still manage to talk like it was nothing had happened between us earlier. Like that kicking-his-balls scene.

His face was serious, I'm just in my calm mode.

"Lets go." I muttered. I got his attention, he gave me a glanced with the seriousness of his eyes and face.

"I really can feel it. There's some thing will happen tonight."

Oh come on!

"You're not a sooth seeker or whatsoever they called it to a person who has the ability to see the future." I challenged. "You're a reaper, Apollyon." I firmly said between in words.

He locked his gazed on me, his eyes studying mine.

"Reaper?" He uttered. "Yes, yeah. I am a reaper." I saw a hint of sadness on his eyes as he said it followed by a faint smile. "I'm always used to be your reaper."

There has something uncertain on the last statement he said, I was caught off guard.

"What do you want to point out, Apollyon?" I fought his stared like we're in a battle that no one wanted to give up.

"You became the person I hadn't expecting to be." Honestly, I don't understand what he was trying to say now. I just lend my ears to him and listen. "A person who changed.." he paused.

For a moment, silence filled between us. Studying each other's eyes.

"Who changed... a lot. A lot to the point that I didn't know who you really are  now." Again he paused for a moment. Our breath was the only sounds I heard inside of his car.

"I'm the one who feel sorry for your situation, Thana."

Even we're in the middle of this conversation, my heart skipped a beat as he mentioned my second name which he never do the time I lost myself. This is the first time again that he called me in that name. Thus, it's only for a second when I realized what the words he said to me. I frowned.

"You feel sorry? Really?" Sarcastic hit me. "You felt sorry for me in fact that I didn't feel the same way to myself." The calmness in my face was gone, replaced with my fierce look. "You are not obliged to feel that for me, Kenzo." I said.

"I am not, but you're oblige to do that for yourself. Hindi ka ba napapagod sa pagiging ganyan? Lahat ng taong nasa paligid mo at nagmamalasakit sayo ay nasasaktan. Hindi mo ba pansin yun?"

"No." Tiim bagang sagot ko sa kanya.

Why suddenly he cares for me?

I know he saved me on that day but it doesn't mean he needs to shoulder that matters. I knew myself more than them. He shouldn't do that.

Nakita kong lumungkot ang kanyang mukha sa sinagot ko sa kanya.

"Hindi ka ba nagsasawa bilang ganyan?"