( 02. ) FOR YOUR SAFETY.

CHAPTER TWO — FOR YOUR SAFETY.
❝sometimes it physically hurts me to hold back
my sarcastic remarks.❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬adelaides eyes flash open and her body jolts up, as she reminds herself of how she barely made it out alive by trying to get to the institute

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
adelaides eyes flash open and her body jolts up, as she reminds herself of how she barely made it out alive by trying to get to the institute. she looks around trying to find out where the fuck she is right now.

then her eyes land on the pretty boy from before sitting on the bed next to hers. he smiles at her knowing that she isnt dead or something like that.

"how are you feeling?" jace asks adelaide, she responds by getting up which makes jace stand up as well. jace was actually worried about her, which made the lightwood siblings suprised about their so called "brother".

adelaide's shoulder was bandaged up, but to her surprise she could not feel it, maybe being an angel had an effect on her healing process. adelaide was of course very tired, she may have just woken up but sleep is sleep and she needs a lot of it.

adelaide reminded herself about her parents "who are you, where the fuck am i, who the hell are they, am i going to die, why are you staring at m-?" she rapidly kept asking questions, jace cut her off as he knew she wasn't going to stop.

"i'm jace, your in the shadowhunters institute, that's alec and izzy, you're not going to die, what sort of question is that?" adelaide looked at him in relief, she was happy to know that some crazy person didn't kidnap her. jace didn't want to answer that last question, he didn't even know that question himself.

"you didn't answer the last question, jace." adelaide replied to him using his name now knowing it. jace cleared his throat and answered "what last question?" he pretended to have no idea what she was going on about. he ran his hand through his hair and turned to leave the room. izzy and alec has already left the room knowing so,etching was going to happen.

"why were you staring at me jace?" adelaide asked again probably making a bigger deal out of what was happening, though she knew it was making him uncomfortable and it was sort of cute. jace however usually never felt awkward around someone.

he ran his hand through his hair while walking out "oh that mhm it's was definitely for your safety". adelaide laughs to herself knowing that it was definitely not for her safety.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A / N: this book feels really cliche to me, but its not like im a professional writer sooo it doesn't exactly matter that much lmao.