Part 3 (The Discovery)

Dipper's POV

As soon as the door opened, it revealed a red book, with a gold, six fingered hand, with the number three on it. I grabbed it as soon as I could and opened to the first page. "Who wrote it?" (Y/n) asked. "I dunno. It doesn't say." I  replied. Then she walked towards me and peered over my shoulder, which made me nervous because a girl as pretty as her would never get that close to me... I continued flipping through the pages. Suddenly, the pages went blank. "Wha?!? Where'd all of the writing go?!" I exclaimed. "Uhm... maybe the author died halfway through?" (Y/n) said. "That might explain it... but we should go back because it's getting cold." Then a chilly breeze came through and we all shivered. After that, we headed back into The Shack and watched a little Tiger Fist with (Y/n). "Tiger Fist will be right back after these messages!" The announcer said. Suddenly a really weird commercial came on... "Who's cute as a button and always your friend? Li'l G-i-d-to the-e-o-n! Wink! Come on down to Li'l Gideon's Tent-O-Telepathy!" "Child physic?" I asked. "Aww! We should see if he's really a psychic!" Mabel squeaked. "NUH UH! No way is anyone under this roof gonna support Gideon!!" Stan retorted. "Y/n we should-" I started to say and Grunkle Stan cut me off. "Hey someone go hang these signs!" "Not it!" Mabel and Soos, the handyman said. "Soos no one asked you." Stan said. "I know. And I'm comfortable with that." Soos replied. "Wendy go hang up these signs!" "Ehh... so far... away.. can't reach... them..." Wendy said lazily. "Ok eenie meenie... DIPPER!" "What?! Grunkle Stan, every time I go in the woods I feel like I'm being watched..." I said, very creeped out. "Meh." Stan said throwing the signs onto my arms. "Don't worry Dipper I'll come with you." (Y/n) said. "Thanks." I said back. Then we both walked out of The Shack, and entered the super eerie forest.

We walked out just a bit, and I picked a random tree and hammered the signs into it. "(Y/n)... we should look at the book I think..." I said quietly. "Okaaayy..." She replied, and we both sat down on a nearby log. "Flying eyeballs?! Zombies?!?!? ELVES?! Oh wait elves aren't that weird..." (Y/n) said, somewhat shocked. "Remember... in Gravity Falls there's no one that you can trust..?" I read on a page in the book. We both had puzzled looks.

(Y/n)'s POV

Well I knew exactly what "Trust no one" meant... but I think it might be a bit too dark to discuss now... Besides... he looked really cute trying to figure out what it meant, and I didn't want to ruin that eye candy. I really liked to be able to just sit with him, and look at the book.
"Dipper... where does the writing end?" "Hmm... oh uh, right here." And he showed me where the writing ended... I touched the page, and I could feel the grooves of a pen or pencil that was being used...  Soon after that we decided to go back to The Shack.

"DIPPER!! DIPPER!! I got my first boyfriend!!!" Mabel screamed. "Geez not so loud and... how is it that you found your first boyfriend, while me and (Y/n) were only gone for a little bit?" Dipper asked. "Yeah we were only gone for a little while and I didn't even see anyone walk out the door..." I added. Mabel probably didn't want to hear any of it, because she just turned and left.

Later that evening, we heard a knock on the door. "OH OH THAT'S FOR ME!! I'LL GET IT!!" Mabel immediately shouted, and ran down the stairs in a bright, sparkly, purple sweater. "Oh come in! Come in!" Mabel said happily. "Everyone this is..." "NOrMal MaN" The guy said. "Haha... he means Norman." Mabel corrected. "Isn't he just dreamy?" "I uh...." I trailed off.... his face was obviously bleeding, and his jacket was full of leaves and sticks. "Norman are you bleeding?" "No, iT's JaM." He replied. "*gasp* I like jam too! Woah! We're so close." Mabel said clinging to his arm. "Ooh... a... a little muscle there huh..? That's a surprise." Then, they both left to go do whatever, and me and Dipper went upstairs to look at the book again. "Did something.... feel off about Norman?" He asked. "Yeah kinda... it's not very normal to have a bunch of sticks and leaves in your shirt... not to mention the... jam..." I replied. "Yeah, that was especially weird.. do you think she'll be ok? I mean, if he isn't a normal... teenager... then Mabel could be in some trouble..." Dipper added. "Let's consult the book!" I said. The book, the one that we found in the woods, was actually really fun to look at, and it was cute to see Dipper look for things in it. As we flipped through all of the pages, there only seemed like there was one answer. All of the other pages seemed more like your everyday monsters and such. More about not being able to trust anyone... more blank pages... "This is really weird.." Dipper said. "Yeah dudes. It's not just you, I've been seeing weird things too around here." Soos said out of nowhere. Which freaked us out. He was just casually changing a lightbulb, and being the.. handyman... that he is. "Go help Mabel." Soos said, and literally backed into a hallway, that was nearly pitch black. "W-wait... look.... I think Norman is a..." And then Dipper flipped to a page."A Z- what? No not this page." And he flipped to the next page." A ZOMBIE!!! Traits are moodiness, blood, limping, and acting like a teenager..." "UHM DIPPER?! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN FOR MABEL?!" I shouted. "We have to go NOW!!" He shouted in response.

I am soooo sorry for posting a day late but I've had a super busy week, and these take me a long time. In case you were wondering, they're about 1,000 words in total. The next post should probably be on Wednesday so you'll have to wait till then.