Confession

It was five A.M., and I was still awake.

I had everything ready for the plan, I just had to set it in motion. But I was still hesitant. It's not easy to kill people, you know. It's not at all like how it seems in movies.

Groaning, I took my Death Note out of my backpack. No shinigami had turned up, so I guess the Death God who'd owned this one was dead. I opened it and stared at the blank page. Until now, even though I had a Death Note, I wasn't a "Kira." But now I was going to kill the two biggest criminals currently alive - in this dimension, at least.

I grabbed a pen and wrote down Misa's name. I shuddered, clenching my jaw. I despised Misa, but I didn't want to kill her. Oh, well. What's done is done. At least I wouldn't have to kill Light directly - Rem would take care of that for me, since the purple-haired shinigami wasn't dead yet.

If everything went accordingly to how I had planned it out, Rem would assume Light killed Misa (since Rem didn't know I had a Death Note) and would then kill Light. I wouldn't have to write his name, thank God.

I closed the notebook and put it back in my bag. I tried to go back to sleep, but I was too restless so I gave up after about an hour. I got up and went to the kitchen, deciding to make cupcakes.

When they were done, I put them all on a plate and set them on the table in the main room for the Task Force. L better not eat them all.

Right on cue, L came into the room. "I smell cake." he announced.

I rolled my eyes, smiling a little. "No shit, Sherlock." I said dryly.

L frowned. "What's wrong with you?" he asked as he stuffed a cupcake in his mouth.

I shook my head. "I'll explain later, once the rest of the Task Force is here." I told him.

It seemed like an eternity until the door to the hotel room opened and the Japanese Task Force entered. With them was Light Yagami. My face twisted into a scowl. "What the hell is he doing here?" I asked, sounding somewhat hostile.

Light looked shocked. "What is she doing here?" he exclaimed.

I scoffed. "I work here, dumbass. You're the one who's suspected of being a fucking psychopath."

Light growled lowly in anger or frustration, I couldn't tell. L cleared his throat, demanding the attention of everyone in the room.

"Light Yagami." L stated. "It has pretty much been concluded that you are Kira and that Misa Amane is the second Kira, so we will be putting you under arrest. Your sentencing will wait until you either confess or are proven innocent. Do you wish to confess to your crimes?"

Light put on a fake expression of disbelief. "Ryuzaki!" he cried out. "We've been through this! I'm not Kira!"

I rolled my eyes. "Quit it, Yagami." I said impatiently. "We got your reactions on camera when I stole your Death Note. I had L touch it, so he can see Ryuk."

"Nice to meet you, shinigami." L said nonchalantly. I took out Light's Death Note and passed it around, letting each Task Force member touch it. They all started freaking out about the "huge scary goth clown man," as Matsuda put it, until I shouted at them to calm the fuck down.

"Also, Misa Amane, otherwise known as the second Kira, is dead." I stated. "Her shinigami, Rem, has probably assumed you killed her by now, and will be writing your name in her Death Note any minute now."

A collective gasp went around the room. "What?!" Light shouted furiously. "That isn't possible! Misa has the eyes, she could kill anyone who tried to hurt her!"

I chuckled. "Light, you're such a dumbass. First of all, it is possible, because I killed her. I have a Death Note, idiot. And secondly, since I'm from a different world, not even the shinigami themselves can see my name or lifespan. Also, you just completely gave yourself away by saying that. We now pretty much have a confession, which is definitely enough to prove that you and Misa were the Kiras."

Light's eyes were wide in anger, surprise, and fear. "B-but you can't do that! That's murder, which makes you a criminal!" he exclaimed desperately. "Besides, I'm making the world a better place! I... I'm a god! No one else would be capable of---"

"Light, you and Misa were both delusional sociopathic fucking mass-murderers. As much as I didn't want to kill you myself, you were going to get the death penalty anyway, so I decided to end it before you could kill anyone I care about." I cut him off harshly.

Light opened his mouth to reply, but no sound came out. His eyes bulged, and his hands clutched at his chest. Gasping for breath, he pitched forward, landing facefirst on the floor. He was dead. Thanks, Rem. Sorry for tricking you. I thought.

I breathed out a sigh of relief mixed with sadness. "Well," I said. "Once the Death Notes are back in the shinigami realm, this will all officially be over."

I glanced at L. "Please don't hate me," I said quietly. "I just didn't want to see him kill you."

L stared at me, and the entire room was silent for a few agonizing moments. Then, L's arms were wrapped around me and his lips crashed down on mine.

I didn't care that I had the blood of two people on my hands, I didn't care that the Task Force were watching, and I didn't even care that L was an anime character and didn't actually exist in my world. All that mattered was that I had managed to save him.

I'd saved L.