Chapter 16 (Is It True)

You do wear makeup to work, you try to convince yourself.

You're not applying eyeliner and lipstick just because Jungkook is back.

Yes, you do wear it, you tell yourself, but do you always spend half an hour doing it?

Shut up, you reply.

You're ridiculously nervous just walking into the BigHit building.

Riding the same elevator you do every day, but somehow your knees feel wobbly.

You clutch your laptop bag tight, forcing your eyes straight ahead as you march into the office, refusing to glance around desperately.

All the office staff are huddled together, waiting for stragglers.

"We'll go down to the crew bus in two minutes!" shouts one of the managers.

Your phone vibrates.

You have a hunch who it is.

Looking around first to make sure no one is looking at you, you scan your fingerprint.

Good morning.

And you're right. It's Jungkook.

Morning, we are about to head over to the set.

Just got into our van, going straight to the set. See you there?

You smile as one of your coworkers waves at you.

"Hi," she says, weaving through the crowd.

"Hey!" you reply, giving her a quick hug.

"I heard the set is close by today!" she informs you.

"Phew!" You nod.

"Let's go to the head of the mob so we can get good seats on the bus," she winks.

You laugh and follow her.

The office staff begin to migrate downstairs in groups, eight to one elevator.

Everyone piles up by the buses, yelling hello to crew from other departments.

You've just boarded a bus and settled by a window when your phone buzzes.