011

Instead of faking her illness to hurt the queen and her child, she feigned it once again to convince the queen to let her meet her mother, who had been a maidservant to the queen ever since Beryl's birth and who was so loved and appreciated by the queen herself - if it wasn't for some ill-hearted hypocrites who set her up because of their shameless envy.

The queen, considering the uncountable years of obedience and complete honesty of Beryl and her mother, allowed Beryl to visit her imprisoned sick mother.

Beryl was back to her old self. Was it because she had been away from Prince Sehun's immense force towards her and magnetism all day long? She didn't really know.

She walked idly, emptied of all emotions, towards where guards led her to meet her mother, but instead of finding her mother meeting her with a big smile and a warm hug, she was met with her fragile body, shuddering of the coldness as beads of sweat formed on her forehead, drops blobbing upon the rigid ground one by one, in synchronization with light drops of rain colliding with leaves outside the small windowpane. Her mother's face was pale, and so were her trembling lips. Beryl ran to her, all the nerves she had were thrown haphazardly in all directions. She didn't know if she felt sadness, anger, or pure hatred. She didn't know what term or what kind of emotion would express or describe what was within her because it was too acute, too acute to be described by mere words created by humans, it was an atrocious power that set all of her sanity free and left her all alone with nothing but emotional and physical instability.

She fell on the hard ground next to her mother, throwing kisses then and there after clutching on her shoulders tightly to pull her up into a prolonged hug. She shook her in every possible direction to make her at least open her eyes once so she can look at them for one last time.

"Mom!"

She repeatedly whispered, trying somehow to contain and suppress the unbearable pain that spread all over her chest. Her mother finally answered and so did God answer her desperate prayers, and her mother opened her eyes, looked into Beryl's eyes for two seconds, saying a million sentence that Beryl did not catch any of, showing a hurricane of destructive emotions that Beryl would never feel. She tried, she tried her best to at least give her daughter one last sentence that Beryl could keep in her weak heart forever, but as soon as her mother opened her mouth, her ghost was hurrying to bid her body farewell, and she unintentionally closed her eyes along with her mouth, dangerously slow to not freak her daughter out all of a sudden. Her mother, until the very last second, tried.

The only thing that could be heard within those four burdening walls of this prison, in which they had been trapped, was Beryl's heart-shattering scream, that was loud, dry, and utterly painful.

Dear Mother,

I miss you so much

But soon, we will be together, so don't worry yourself about such

Thoughts of being alone or having to eat lunch

By your own, anymore. 

Soon I will be there, in Eden 

Hopefully, and not in another infernal region.