𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘

You think I am weak? I am forged of iron.
My body, it has bled, and blazed and broken.
And yet it beats on. I am iron.
A little rusted perhaps, but I still endure.

WHEN DOES THE WILL to fight break beneath the force of submission?

At the road's end, Astrid and Daryl Dixon find themselves confronting what might well be their last day on earth. What began as a mission of rescue now teeters on the edge of surrender, as the Alexandria Safe Zone group faces down the barbaric might of the Saviors.

Caught in an ambush, dangerously outnumbered and outmaneuvered, Astrid, Daryl, Rick, Michonne, and others are forced to their knees, where a sadistic ultimatum is unveiled: one among them must pay the ultimate price for ever daring to cross the notorious Negan.

Blood will spill. An irreplaceable life will be horrifically snuffed out in a grotesque display of power and arrogance. And Astrid, nearing the midpoint of her pregnancy, finds herself to be a glaring target in the crosshairs of a promised execution. Even when her every instinct still screams for the protection of her family first. But she is powerless against the cruel machinations of the Saviors, where the survival of her husband and children now hangs precariously on the outcome of a grim, impossible "game."

She can do nothing to intervene, unable to protect anyone this time.

Long ago, Astrid was warned that one day she would rue her choice of this life. In the two years since she had never grasped the depths of that promise. Of just exactly what it would take to bring that level of sorrow into being.

Now, that day has arrived. And it will destroy all that she has ever held dear.

And as the dust settles over the lineup and the reverberations of tragedy take root, Astrid must navigate its unforgiving aftermath. Surviving the chopping block may prove only the first chapter of her heartbreak. For amidst the wreckage of her newly shattered world, she will come to crave the chill embrace of death, to wish that she had been the one to kneel upon that blood-soaked gravel—and never rise again.

  For amidst the wreckage of her newly shattered world, she will come to crave the chill embrace of death, to wish that she had been the one to kneel upon that blood-soaked gravel—and never rise again

Don't leave me here alone.
Don't go where I can't follow.