Party?

Parties were never Michelle's thing. She wasn't a very social person (as you already know) and since she doesn't have any friends, there wasn't really any point in going to them.
But Liz did invite Peter, and afterwards, she asked the whole decathalon team at practice to go, so she figured why not.

The party was packed. There were a bunch of seniors and juniors, ones that Michelle had seen before, but didn't know their names. Obviously, there were sophmores since they make up most of the decathalon team. Michelle saw some that she didn't even know Liz was friends with. Surprisingly, a few freshman were at the party.

Days like this were ones that Michelle wished she could be Liz for one day.

Seriously, Liz has tons of friends. She was so kind and very pretty. She was a great multitasker, a good leader, and someone that everyone should look to. No wonder Peter likes her.

Michelle looked around to actually see if Peter and Ned were around. Seeing as they weren't, Michelle decided to go and make herself some toast. She doesn't really think Liz would mind.

As she waits for the bread to become crisp in the toaster, Michelle wondered why she was attracted to Peter. Was it his brain? His looks? His heart? Peter was always a genuine person. Ugh, thinking about this was making her sick. Michelle knew there was something going on with Peter. So, why did she like him so much? Why couldn't Michelle just make this feeling go away? Why did she have to like this intelligent, sweet, clueless loser-

Ding.

The toast was done as Michelle shoved the thoughts of her crush out of her head and put the toast on a plate. She got a knife and some butter. Michelle began to spread it on to her toast, but looked up to see Peter and Ned, standing awkwardly in the room.

"Ugh, what do I do? Should I start a conversation or something?"

Yeah, that sounds good.

"Can't believe you guys are at this lame party."

Ned and Peter looked over to her, confused by her statement. To be honest, Michelle was confused by herself too.

Ned stared at her for a few seconds and said, "You're here too."

"Am I?"

Michelle takes a bite of her toast and walks away.

"Good job, Michelle, you blew it."

She couldn't just start the conversation with a hi? Why did talking to a crush have to be so hard? Ned was there. It wasn't like she was talking to Peter without Ned there.

Flash started speaking into the microphone that he had at his DJ set.
He was insulting Peter and Ned on how they didn't get Spider-Man to come to the party. Peter left midway through Flash's insults. Michelle felt bad. She would be embarrassed as well.

Michelle doesn't know if Peter actually knew Spider-Man. She didn't know if Peter actually was Spider-Man. She doesn't know if the whole Stark Internship was real. He could also be a drug dealer. Both options would explain his actions at school (although she highly doubts that innocent Peter would be a drug dealer).

Michelle, once again, got out of her own thoughts and saw Ned trying to call someone, most likely, Peter, since he hasn't came back yet. Where did he go anyways? At point, Flash began chanting his stupid name for Peter over the microphone.

"When I saw Penis, you say Parker!Penis!"

"Parker!"

"Penis!"

"Parker!"

And that went on and on. Michelle took no part of this. Where was Liz? Why wasn't she stopping him? Michelle looked over to Ned and saw him give her a nervous glance with the phone still against his ear trying to get in contact with Peter.

He probably did. Next thing you know, Ned was holding out the phone, probably letting Peter hear Flash yell his digusting nickname.

Eventually, Ned hung up the phone leaving him in a state of sadness. Liz came out and told Flash to stop it. A half an hour later, the party was over.

Michelle saw her dad waving her over through the car window. She ran to the car and got in.

Her dad asked, "How was party?"

She shrugged and said, "It was fine."

Her dad pulled out of his parking spot and drove back home. Michelle's mind was swirling with questions. Why did Peter ditch Ned? Where did he go? Why didn't he come back to the party?

On Monday, Michelle decided to go to Peter and ask him. It could've been Flash's  comments, but Peter was gone for a long time. She was trying to be worried, but she was.

Michelle saw Peter and walked halfway up to him until she saw how tired he looked. He was still a little energetic while talking to Ned, but anyone could tell that he looked almost drained. So, instead of confronting him, Michelle walked to class.

For now, she would leave it alone, but Michelle knew something was up with him. She knew it.