Chapter 12

Abigail's P.o.V

-At night-

It's the next day that I've been saved by Lucas. I prepared myself since I invited him to eat dinner over at my house, after my mom suggestion. She really seemed to want to like to see him. He's supposed to arrived in 15 minutes, and he's not usually late. I'm not even completely ready! I tied my hair into a hair bun on the lower left of my head. I put on my necklace and then I hear the door bell. I ran to the door and opened it. I dressed with my best dress and tried my best to look good, since it's a dinner with my family and it's the first time I invite him over for a dinner.

When I opened the door, I saw Lucas standing, wearing some fancy clothes,  just as I did, "You look stunning, Abigail" he said with a smile. I blushed, "T-thanks" I said, shyly. I let him enter and my mom came to see him, "Oh! Is it the gentleman who saved you, Abi?" my mom asked, with a grin, "Yes, mom". She turned towards him and thanked him. We all headed to the dining room to eat the delicious meal my mom made, lasagna.

After eating, talking and having fun, we decided to take a stroll outside. It was calm and peaceful outside, even if it was 7PM. The only sounds we heard was the children playing, farther on the street. We walked in silence since while inside, the discussion we had around the table with my family turned out being a bit weird. After a few minutes, I could see Lucas smirking and when I slightly turned my head, he noticed I was watching him, so he tried to make up an excuse, "T-the lasagna was good, wasn't it?" I nodded, "Yes, it was" I lightly chuckle and he blushed.

Our stroll took us downtown, as we saw the lights shining and the noisy cars, "How long have we been walking?" Lucas looked at his watch on his wrist, "An hour already, apparently." We walked downtown to go back at my home and suddenly, someone came up to us, the girl looked like she was panicking, "Oh my god! Can you come with me? My friend is hurt! I need help!" the woman cried out for help on the street at us. She grabbed my wrist tightly and brought me with her, running. When I turned around, I saw Lucas running behind us, "Hey! Where are you going?!" He followed close behind, and then the woman brought me in a dark back street. I started to look everywhere around me, nervously, and I kept looking behind me to see if Lucas was still there and indeed, he was following. The back street was getting darker and darker and then she turned in the back of some basement, which I couldn't tell if it was a house or any other kind of place. "Where are you bringing us?" Lucas said angrily, still running behind us. Suddenly, I feel a touch on my arm, "Try to get rid of her grip" he told me, in a lower tone. I shook my hand a couple times and then she let go, and turned around to face me, "What are you doing? Don't you want to help my friend?" Lucas took a step forward, "No, let--" he got cut off by the girl saying, "Even if you want it or not, you will follow me!" she ordered, yelling.

When we arrived at the location the woman was bringing us, we found around 10 people wearing all black, just like the ones who captured me last time. I started to shake, which Lucas had noticed and wrapped an arm around me and brought me closer to him as he gave a death glare to the man in the front of them. "Well, well ,well, I see you both had fallen into my trap" , he said, as the woman who was crying out for help earlier, stood by his side. The woman started to laugh hysterically.

I woke up, still shaking by my dream I had. I received a text from Lucas when I was eating some  bacon and egg, 'Hey, the dream was one of kind... I woke up this morning, feeling the same as in the dream.. I swear, I could almost feeling you shaking, just as in my dream, even though you weren't here. It was strange, honestly.' he wrote. His text message gave me shivers down my spine, and I replied, 'I was still shaking when I woke up'. After I finished my breakfast, I quickly prepared myself and texted him back, 'Wish me luck.. Final exams this morning, ugh' I sent him and received a 'Good Luck! :)' few seconds after.

When I was done with my exams, Cameron and I decided to go eat somewhere for lunch, and since we have the afternoon off, we went to Lucas' home. He opened the door and greeted us, with a grin, "Enter!" he told us. We went upstairs in his room, since  Jessie was talking on the phone with her friend. In his room, Cameron sat on the armchair, and Lucas sat on his bed, which caused me to not seat anywhere. I was feeling a bit awkward, staying up on my feet, while those two were sitting. Lucas looked over to me, and he patted his bed, telling me to go sit there. Cameron glanced at me to know if I would go or not, since it was beside Lucas. Slowly, I went where he was patting, and sat there. We were so close, it made me blush. Cameron was smirking, almost chuckling, and it made me blush even more. Cameron then, started, "So,you found a birthday card, with a message from your mom in it?" Lucas nodded. Cameron rubbed the back of his neck, "Well, apparently, your mom still had contact with your dad, but what I don't understand is, why did they hide it to you, and Jessie as well." I could sense that Lucas was starting to be tense, so I replied, "Why not to talk about something else?" then I glared at Lucas, who had a soft expression on his face, as if I said something that relieved him. Cameron nodded, "Yeah, it's a good idea" he said, looking away. We ended up talking about school and random stuff.

*****

"See you around!" Cameron said as he left the house. I was now alone with Lucas, since Jessie has left a few minutes ago, at a sleepover at her friend's home. "Do you have some time to talk?" he asked, with a hint of sadness in his face, and in his voice, as well. I looked at the time on my phone: 8:48PM. I nodded, "I have an hour." We went back upstairs in his room, and this time, I sat where Cameron was, "You see, I shouldn't have talked about it to Cameron, but I didn't know he would take it like this." he said, as we both sat. Confused, I asked, "How did he take it?" I exhaled loudly, "It sounds like he doesn't take it seriously. Well, this is how I feel like. I wanted to talk to you because, I know that you at least, listen to me properly when I speak. You listen closely." he added, the last part with a smile. Then, his phone rang, 'Hello?' 'Um, I'm pretty busy now, can I call you later?', 'Tomorrow then', 'Listen, I don't have time right now. Try to handle it yourself! Aren't you supposed to be the one who takes care of the money anyway?', 'Yeah see you around'. These are the words he said while talking on the phone, "Sorry, it was Hunter, the one who takes care of the money in the gang." he apologized. He's totally different when he talks to people in the gang. Back to his soft tone, he continued, "I supposed you have final exams tomorrow morning? Do you have the afternoon off?" I nodded, "Yes, I do have it off. Why?" He looked away and said, "I want to go back at my dad's house to find anything interesting, but I want to go with you". It made me blush lightly, since he said he wanted me, to go with him, "Of course, I'd like to go with you." He smiled, "Good, text me when you're out of school"