Chapter two

Chapter two

I watch the raindrops slowly race down the car window, and slipping into the crack at the end.

This reminds me of when Prim and I used to bet twigs and sticks on which raindrop would make it down to the bottom of the window seal first,

Prim would always choose the ones on the right side, and I would always choose the ones on the left. After we had done that, she would tell me

about how many sick or injured people she helped on that day, trust me, she got a lot andsometimes more than mother. Until..

" Katniss! " Peeta's voice calls me back from my thoughts, which I should thank him for. That's the last thing I want to be thinking about right now.

He glances at me worriedly when I smile at him. I guess it wasn't that much of a I'm OK smile, because his eyebrows are now furrowed in thought.

I look up at the big sign that is green and glowing, It reads grocery store. You can see the orange and black rust marks that creep out from the corners

of the word, I wrinkle my nose for a second in disgust.

We pull up into the car park, just missing the spray painted line which your car is meant to go in. Peeta ducks under the car seat and quickly pulls out a

white plastic bag, then holds it up to me, smiling thoughtfully.

" Wanna come? " He asks me. I nod in response and return the sweet smile, grabbing the bag from his hand and we both get out of the car, accidentally

slamming both doors loudly behind us.

Part two

When Peeta opens the door, a small bell tinkles at our arrival.

He looks behind him and smiles reassuringly at me, and I quickly smile at him back. He steps inside and I follow like a little kid following their mother,

when I realize this, I rush up to his side.

" I'm gonna go look over there. " I tell him awkwardly, and he moves his attention to me. " For what? " He asks me, smiling.

I think for an answer, and come up with a well used one girls use when they want to get away from their boyfriend.

" Girl stuff. " I smirk at him, then I think he gets it. He blushes and nods at me, scuffling around in his purse. He awkwardly hands me a twenty dollar note.

I take it my hand and smile at him.

He walks away to the seafood isle, I glance back at him and see he's picking out a fish.

" Thank god. " I mumble, so barely even I can hear it. I walk away to the isle closest to the counter, looking up and reading the white hanging sign above my head.

I can make out Cooking Supplies, so I look back down and walk into the Cooking isle.

The first thing I notice is an old woman wearing an emerald dress, black shoes and holding a piece of paper, I guess it's a shopping list. When I walk close to where shes

standing, which is the bowls and cutlery section, she turns to look at me, her short, white curly hair springing when she smiles and then walks over to me.

I also turn to look at her, noticing she is holding her glasses edge with two of her fingers, reading her shopping list.

" Excuse me, deary, " She says, her old frail voice makes me relaxed, that also makes me smile at her manners. " Would you know where the soap is? " I think for a second,

moving my eyes up to the side, in that moment I coincidentally see another white signs that says Bathroom And Washing.

" Uh, " I say, still in my thoughts but I quickly snap out of them. " Over there, two isles from us. " I point to the sign I saw, and she smiles and waves her hand.

" Thank you. " She dips her head in thanks and wanders off down the isle, her hair still bouncing.

I smile at the thought of what just happened, it was nice and distracted me from what happened earlier. I turn back and reach out to grab a small packet of spoons,

since Peeta often bends the tops of them when he's cooking, but I see a big hand reach for them, too.

I blush and turn around to apologize, " I'm sor- " I almost drop my empty bag at the shock of who the hand belongs to.

Gale.

To be continued..