Evolve

Shoyou stood at the back of the gym, watching the matches play out.

He was getting desperate.

He couldn't understand why they were halting his evolution.

It felt like they were clipping his wings, and he did not like that one bit.

After they were back at Karasuno and the teacher gave his speech, Shoyou stood in front of Kageyama.

His determination leaking from him like an aura. "Kageyama. Give me a toss." Kageyama glared for a while before giving in.

The two boys, with the help of Yachi, practiced their quicks.

However, Shoyou missed all of them.

He was getting frustrated but refused to let up.

He needed this.

He needed to learn so he could control the game better.

So he could evolve.

He missed another and Kageyama turned away. "One more time!" Kageyama glared at him.

That's when he felt it.

The memories of when they first started emerged in his head.

Of how Kageyama would only toss to people he thought would be useful.

His rage built.

He knew he could be useful.

He wasn't now but, if they kept going, he would be.

He felt himself get tossed to the floor and quickly stood up as Kageyama turned around.

He dived onto Kageyama and grabbed his waist, Yachi screaming in the process. "Let go of me!" "I won't let go until you toss to me!" Kageyama was slightly taken back before he threw Shoyou to the ground again. However, Shoyou simply got back up and latched back on.

"If we don't do this I can't get stronger! How can I win if I'm not strong enough?! Help me evolve!" Kageyama gritted his teeth. "Idiot Hinata! The reason you win now is because of the tosses I send! Are you saying my tosses are flawed?!" Shoyou shook his head.

That wasn't it. He knew it wasn't. "No! Your tosses are perfect! Spot on!" Kageyama threw him to the ground once more. "Then keep doing it this way!" Shoyou shook his head before tackling Kageyama again, this time knocking him over. Yachi ran out of the door, screaming for help.

"I can't keep up with this! In our last match I was blocked! Against Seijo I was blocked! I need to be able to do something while in the air!" Kageyama begin punching Shoyou to pry him off. "We just have to mix it up! There's no need to practice useless attacks!"

The two broke out into a full blown fight, fists flying and the occasional leg connecting with body parts.

It was a tough battle but, Shoyou needed to win.

He needed Kageyama to accept it.

They needed to improve and using the same move is not improving.

Eventually, the two were pried off each other by a teacher.

The Dean walked up to the two and asked who started the fight.

Kageyama glared at Shoyou but said nothing.

It was Yachi that sold him out.

Shoyou's eyes had bugged from his head as he heard two serious words. "You're suspended."

Shoyou stood from where he was, head held low.

He was fighting the tears and Kageyama could tell.