36

The next morning I was awoken roughly by my aunt, who was in a much too cheerful mood at 7 am.

"Daniel wake up! We're going shopping today."

"I don't need new things." I grumbled as I buried deeper into the warm covers.

"Yes you do! All your clothes are threadbare. Get up or I'll drag you up."

She left and I knew she wasn't kidding about dragging me up from my bed, so I got up from under the warm duvet and walked over to the wardrobe.

I picked out a pair of black skinny jeans, a black jumper that had a white drawn cat in the pocket flipping people off, and a dirty pair of Converses.

I walked down the stairs and immediately smelled pancakes. I hurries over.

My cousins, Emma and Skye, were already at the table eating a pancake.

Emma was 15 with light brown hair and green eyes. She was quiet and spent most of her time reading in her bedroom, which was a mini library. I never had an issue with her since we've had like two conversations in the past 15 years.

Skye was interesting, to say the least. Skye came out as Female to Male Transgender about two years ago, and he's since started Testosterone two months ago. He's very eccentric.

"Daniel you can't possibly wear that shirt!" Aunt Margaret said from the stove.

"Why not?"

"Why not? It's provocative."

"I like it," Skye said, smiling.

"Oh of course you do."