Prologue

"The agony is exquisite, is it not?

A broken heart

You think you will die.

But you just keep living.

Day after day,

After terrible day."

-Miss Havisham

Who am I? I am Halsey Scarlett, a student, and a sister. Where do I live? I live in New Zealand. Is my family broken or still on place? Perhaps I would say broken since my dad divorced my mom.What are my skills? Photography. My hobbies? Habits? Sanitizing and purifying my hands, I actually sanitize my hands for like every 20 minutes, seems far from normal? My Favorite band?5SOS.

My 'used to be' best friend was Emily Harrison that bxtch who uses silicone pads to enhance the size of her girls, who takes lewd selfies with her boyfriend Damien Gonzales, and that rich kid who her father owns a Ferrari while her mom who owns a thousand of MAC makeup products. We were friends when we were in 2nd grade, but we broke up when we were in 7th grade.

Damien Gonzales. His Eyebrows are on fleek, Chisled jawline constructed by the Greek deities, lustrous chestnut locks, and glimmery eyes with a hue of Asparagus and Azure. That guy who you always see on the street or hanging out in a shed with his friends Emilio Sanchez, Daniel Williams, Christopher Lewis, and Vans Hogan. Not to be offensive but he, Damien with his friends hanging out in a shed near the woods will make him look like a hobo.

Halsey Scarlett? I'm that introvert who wears a hoodie and a pair of jeans when going outdoors. How about indoors? Obviously, wears those pair of Adidas shorts and an oversized shirt which has an alien at the upper right corner. I'm that kind of that girl who goes to a beach at 3:00 AM and stares at the moon glowing either in a yellowish or white hue, sounds relaxing huh? And that girl who spends her savings for a frappuccino at daytime, I guess the Mocha flavor.

Am I good at sports? No, I don't even know how to dribble a ball. Do I have any cousins outside my heritage? Probably my Korean cousin who is actually a boy. Do I have a crush on someone?Of course...None hah.

I kind of like miss my 'Ex-mom' singing me melodies every night when I was 6-years-old. I miss her kissing me every time I came back from school, I just miss everything about her! I miss my dad buying me childish storybooks just as I miss my brother fighting back for me whenever there are bullies talking in a harsh way to me.

Why did my life end up like this? What made my dad divorced my mom? What made my older brother end up being a thug? What made me seem like an introvert?! I cried silently as I saw the felt the light fading, my legs trembling, and my ears hearing something which sounds like frequencies around the room. *BOOM*

After a few hours, I suddenly felt my vision sharpening, my dizziness reduced drastically, and the noise starting to wane. I saw my Korean cousin sitting next to my bed, handed me a mug of green tea and forced me to sniff the aroma of a brand called 'Tiger Balm'. This dude is really Asian, not being racist just tellin' the truth.

"You're really Asian." I laughed as he rolled his eyes.When you try to make someone laugh but instead he gets discouraged about your jokes. Have you ever get this feeling when you thought your jokes are humorous? Regardless your jokes are actually offensive to others. My life is kind of miserable and graceless...

"I'll take that as a compliment even though I'm offended."

It's nigh time right now, as I can hear crickets chirping, fireflies glowing in the pitch-black sky, stars are finally conspicuous, the breeze is chilly, and the room is getting dimmer than during daytime. The room was filled with silence, surrounded by gratifying furnishings, dulcet voices occupying the remaining spaces inside the room.