❤Little Bit O' Picks❤

"I really don't understand why they call us Satan's family

"I really don't understand why they call us Satan's family." A blonde girl said to herself.

"We're just like all of them." She continued. "All because they're scared of the unknown, they think it's of the devil if it can't be explained." She finished.

"You Got got that right." Said a strange voice.

The cloaked figure whipped around and came face to face with a man in dirty pants and a matching shirt with rolled up sleeves.

Her eyes widened.

He put his hands up, "Hey I'm not gonna hurt ya." He said.

She sighed in relief.

"I bet it's a reoccurrin' thing for you bein' dressed like that." He asked.

"The dress has nothing to do with the treatment of my family." She whispered back.

"Hey don't be scared, you know I'm an outcast too in this here town, names Thomas Petty." The man said holding out his hand and giving the cloaked girl his best smile.

She looked at him with doe eyes during a storm. "The outlaw?!" She spoke loudly.

He chuckled and nodded, "The same ma'am and you're Miss Stephanie Nicks, the local witch." He said.

"Stevie." She corrected him.

"Stevie, I'll remember that." He said this made the girl smile. "Well Stevie what brings you to my little neck of the woods, darlin'?" He asked the girl.

She was trying her hardest to hide her blush by playing with her long curly blonde hair.

"Just out to get groceries, eh?" He asked again after she wouldn't answer.

She nodded.

"You, don't talk much do ya?" He chuckled then continued, "It's alright, I'm the same way."

She looked at him with a yeah right look.

He laughed harder "No it's true, you just seem to bring this kind of side out of me." He said winking at the blonde girl.

She blushed darker then smiled at the guy.

"Well guess I'll be goin' don't wanna take up your time, ma'am." The man said turning to leave.

The cloaked figure grabbed his arm and the man gave her a confused look. "Uhm would you care to join me?" She asked in a tone which made her sound like a child.

The man nodded, "Sure." He said offering his arm for her to take.

She laced her arm in his and the two were off to the local town square market. 

~Rebel💘