Possibility

"I do believe in killing the messenger," her voice was soft yet deadly as she spoke to a man who stood in front of her with a frown on his lips. "Wanna know why?" She asked, a light smile playing on her lips. He nodded stiffly. "It sends a message." She said, a new gleam in her eyes. Murderous, of course.

   She watched as his Adams apple bobbed and his eyebrows creased. With a smirk on her face she yanked the gun out of her thigh holster and pressed it to his temple, before pulling the trigger.

  The warm blood that splattered on her placid, freckled cheeks didn't seem to faze her.  She tucked a stubborn curl that fell loose from her braid behind her ear.

  Sighing, she yanked his phone out of his pocket before shoving her gun back into its holster.

"Its going to be a long damn night." She growled as she walked out of the room, her icy blue eyes fixated in front of her. As soon as she was exited out of the building she pressed a button firmly fastened on her leather jacket.

And the building erupted into flames, the heat barely stinging the skin on her back.

A smile erupted onto her perfect face as she heard police sirens approaching from the distance.

Maybe this night wouldn't be as bad as she thought.

-------------------------------

Peter scrambled through the halls, his suit clinging tightly to his skin due to sweat and blood. The smell of gunpowder in the air made his stomach knot up. 

   It took moments for the whole team to get everyone, even the ones who were bruised and bloodied, to the floor underneath them. / Thankfully the medical floor was the one beneath them, Tony knew to put it there for obvious reasons./ 

    As soon as everyone was gathered up, safe and sound, The heroes inwardly glanced at one another. All of them seemingly had the same crease in-between their worry-filled eyes. 

They all seemed to have the same thought- Why was HYDRA suddenly so ballsy?

  Tony was the first to speak in the silent filled room.  

    He cleared his throat before speaking in a clear, fake voice, "Everyone who has been injured may stay here and be taken care of, this will all be payed for by me. Everyone else may leave now, I am truly sorry for this inconvenience, I hope you all have a good night. "

   Peter huffed out a sigh and rolled his eyes. He was getting tired of all of this. The whole team was more reserved now, and wouldn't treat him equally. He was expectant that in this meeting that would occur in only minutes that they would disregard him, especially about what, no, who, he saw. 

To put it lightly he was not ready to say goodbye to Rose. Not now. Not ever. 

  They all filed out of that floor and into the elevator before heading back upstairs, into the conference room. 

After sitting down, there was a beat of silence, and this time it was Steve who spoke first. 

" Why would HYDRA act out like this? They haven't done anything this exaggerated for about a year."

"I wonder if they got something, maybe out of Tony's lab? Or something off of one of our computers?" Natasha quipped. 

In a hushed tone Peter commented, "It was Rose."

"Peter, I realize that maybe your still grieving, but Rose is dead, do you realize how childish your making yourself sound?" Tony insisted. 

Clenching his jaw, he tilted his head over, his honey brown eyes meeting Tony's dark one. "Yes, yes I do realize how childish  I sound Tony, but guess what, I saw her." 

  Tony rolled his eyes, "Really kid? You saw her? Where, in the crowd?"

"No." Peter snapped back at him, " I saw her climbing into a helicopter that was right next to your tower." 

Now it was Tony who was silent. 

"It's a possibility." Bruce hesitated, "I mean, we don't really know if Rose is deceased, it was simply easier  to make the assumption that she is rather then actually search for her. If Peter insists he saw her then we should at least acknowledge that it's a possibility." 

Peter glanced at Bruce, a thankful gleam withing his eyes.

Tony growled a response, clearly in denial. 

"Fine."