2

After the recent gathering at the docks, Ysgramor and his sons strode hastily to the large feasting hall that lay in Jylkurfyk's northern districts. It was as big a landmark in the southern kingdom as the colossal shipyards whence the equally colossal longships are assembled. Yjormngard. Yjormngard was its name, where it stood in the northern quarter of the city, stone-laden towering high above all else that lay below its head. It's dozen balconies clad with fine masonry, shaped in ornate spirals and knots which intertwined each other forming figures like wolves, bears and ravens. Below the balconies there stood walls, it's stone as ancient as the city, where they were being gradually eroded away leaving leverage for small beds of moss to flourish. Finally at the bottom stood the gates, it ancient oaken timbers standing tall, hugged closely by iron fastenings and wearing carvings similar in design of those on the balcony save for their impictions; the carvings, cut so intricately and masterfully, that no one could surpass them in their beauty nor their ability to astonish those whose eyes lay upon them.

Ysgramor and his sons approached the large gates and with a mighty force, they pushed both gates open to reveal the interior which, although quite grand, lacked in one thing... A harbinger. Ysgramor made for his war room calling his tacticians to accompany him there as well.

Ysgramor and five other men walked the hallway leading to the war room; finally reaching the doors, he opened them and immediately opened the conversation by saying: "I have told the people only a fraction of what happened but that is all they need to know"... After this brief statement, the tacticians relieved their legs upon the arrival on their allocated chairs and begun a discussion on who is to be taken into the army of the 500; although first was put across that each longship can carry up to 25 men, meaning that 20 longships had to be built in a short order and each ship required a captain. Mandatory was Ysgramor and his sons as they are to lead this army which meant three ships had captains. Only 17 left.

Name after name was orated paving way to new ideas and different candidates, Rhorlak was to be a captain of Chrion and the brothers: Nordri and Sudri were to be captains as well -Nordri being the captain of Kaal Kaaz and Sudri the captain of Sadon Reyth-.
———
Jeek had made his way back into his longhouse leaving behind him footsteps of snow, which had melted from the warmth radiating from the hearth that adorned the center of the main chamber. His thoughts nonetheless lingered firmly with him. Jeek retreated back to his throne as it suspired him intensely and now finally seated, his eyes were once again drawn to the hearth in the center of the room; it's flames how they enticed his mind into conjuring wild incantations.

It showed him, once more another ship, although this time different; it's large slender sternpost split in two and intertwined into a horse, it's Atmoran oak flowed as a smooth semi-circle and it's mast's mainsail bared the banner of the Atmoran war horse and at the sternpost was a large man, muscular with strong square shoulders... At his door, Jeek heard a knock crack into the door and echo through the longhouse, this sudden break in silence also broke his trance relieving him of knowledge; Jeek arose once again from his throne and made way for his door, upon his approach he grasped the handle and flung it forth revealing Jeeks childhood friend: Ysgramor...

"Ysgramor friend, Lord, and Harbinger it is an honour that you would come to my home and not for it to be the opposite, please come in"

"No Jeek the honour is mine, this will be brief but I am in need of captains, and you are the first to come to mind... will you, Jeek Whitrunda, be the captain of Jorrvaskr the horse-flagged vessel?"

With which Jeek replied: "To captain a vessel? It would be an honour".