Chapter Seven

Leo's P.O.V.~

I didn't know how to feel, and that was terrifying to me.  For the entire week, Jason had been really sweet and comforting to me.  He started moving things out of a spare bedroom, sorting through his belongings while I sat on the mattress and watched.

Music played through his phone as he opened the third box that day. Sweat glistened on his forehead, an intent look on his face- which I thought was cute.

"Let's see what's in this one," he chuckled.

I smiled as I leaned closer to his side.

Slowly, almost gingerly, he pulled out a picture frame. It was black all around with gold designs. Inside the frame, a picture was covered in dust.

I heard Jason snort as he brushed the dust off. "I forgot we took this before she left with Artemis' group."

As I looked down into the picture, I saw Jason when he was a bit younger. He had glasses on, a huge grin on his face as he leaned his head against a girl's. She had short black hair, a punk-rock look to her clothes, and bright blue eyes that matched Jason's. Her head knocked against his in the picture, her arm outstretched to hold the camera.

"That's my sister, Thalia," the blonde next to me explained. When I saw his face, I saw he had a wistful look in his eyes. "She always wanted to leave town to hunt with this woman called Artemis. She ran a group of girls whom of which all wanted nothing to do with guys.  She left a long time ago."

His lips twitched into a frown, and I leaned my head on his shoulder.  I've never seen him act so sad.

Then Jason shook his head, letting a soft laugh hide his pain.  "I'm glad she's doing what she loves, but I just wish I could see her more."

"You'll see her," I smile up at him.  "Besides, she's your sister.  She'll come by someday again."

The blonde smiled back at me, leaning down to kiss me.  As soon as his lips touched mine, a warmth flooded my body.  I let my eyes shut just to enjoy the feeling, my body relaxing greatly.

However, when he pulled back, I frowned up at him. 

Then my eyes trailed down, and my eyes locked on something in the box.  Before I could stop myself, I reached down and pulled out a pair of necklaces.  They were attached at the charm, which was a heart that had the word Love.  My hands cradled the necklaces as I stared up at Jason.

"It's from my sister's girlfriend.  I don't know why Thalia stopped wearing it, or why Reyna gave the other half back, but Thals gave it to me."  His eyes brightened.  "Do you want to wear half of it?"

I blush, but didn't argue as the blonde took the objects from me.  Very delicately, he laid the charm over my chest, clipping it around my neck.

Jason smiled at me, clipping the other half around his own neck.  "I think it looks cute on you.  We make love together."

I trace my finger over the charm, smiling at the boy.

All of a sudden, he started blushing like mad.  "N-not making love.  Ugh, I made it sound weird in my head now, and you have no idea what I'm talking about."

I stifle a laugh, tilting my head at him.  "What sounds weird?"

He bit his lip, but slipped his hand into my own.  "Making love is another way of saying having sex."

Now I started to blush.  My hand gripped Jason's, but I couldn't meet his eyes.  "Do you..." I trailed off, biting my lip.

"Don't go back to being Shy Leo," Jason chided.  "Just ask."

My eyes met his blue eyes, and I felt nervous.  "Do you... think... about having sex with someone?"

The blue eyes staring at me now had a hint of fear in them.  Jason pulled me closer to him, leaning his head against mine.  A comfortable silence surrounded us as we just breathed.

Finally, the blonde sighed.  "I shouldn't, but I do.  He probably doesn't even love me like I love him.  Even so," he gave a dry chuckle, "I shouldn't feel so strongly for him so soon."

My eyes searched his, and everything made sense to me.  The way he looked at me with such emotion now made sense.

"Jason..." I whisper with sorrow, because I just can't let him fall for me.  I'm with Octavian.  Jason and I just can't be something."

He pulled back for a moment, pushing me onto my back before rolling over.  I was straddling his waist, my hands on his chest so I was staring down at him.  His own hands were merely resting on my thighs, no grip holding me down.

"Please, don't say you can't love me back," Jason sobbed, and that's when I noticed tears rolling down his cheeks.  "That'll just kill me right now, knowing that an asshole like that Octavian guy can have your heart, but I can't."

A pang went through my heart, but I didn't know what to say.  So, I do the only thing I can think to do in the moment.

I let tears roll down my cheek as I sobbed.

Jason shifted under me, letting my head lean against his chest.  "Why are you crying?  I didn't reject you."

More sobs left my lips as I gripped Jason's shirt tighter. 

Slowly, my sobs turned to hiccups as I finally got the courage to look up at Jason's face.  His eyes were red and puffy from crying, but he was busy wiping tear stains from his cheeks.

Quickly, I pushed myself up to kiss him.  For the briefest moment, I just kept our lips together before fall back.  "I-I don't know what I feel for you.  All I know is that I like what I feel from you so much more than him."

The blonde looked away from me, but didn't say anything.

"Jason," I whisper, making him meet my eyes.  "I may love you, and I just don't know what it is, but don't think my mind is set only on Octavian.  I'll be honest: my mind wanders to you more than it should."

His eyes brightened, a small smile forming on his face.  "Okay.  I'm okay with that."

Jason laid back, and this time, I let him pull me down next to him.

Octavian's P.O.V.~

Anger swelled in my heart as I stared into Leo's room once again.  For weeks, my Latino has been missing.  He must be trying to find his way back to me.

Yes.  He knows to always come back.

"Do you have an idea on who took him?" the girl behind me asked.  "Because you promised me-"

"I know what I promised," I snap, shutting the door gently.  "You will get your reward when I get my Leo back.  I have to show him who owns him when I get him back.  I don't care who took him, whether he left on his own or was forced.  Leo will be mine, and I intend to take his innocence one way or another."

The girl snorted behind me, but I didn't care.

Leo would be mine forever.  And I will take what I want from him.

Besides, I'm doing it all because I love him.