Chapter 1

Zoey's POV:

"This year is going to be different" I tell myself. I'm currently laying in my bed contemplating getting out from under my covers or faking sick. After thinking it over for a good minute and a half I decided to just get up, get dressed and go to hell. I throw on a pair of light blue, high waisted jeans, my black crop top and my old vans. I apply a light layer of make-up and make my way downstairs.

The smell of bacon, eggs and French toast fills my nostrils. My mother greets me with a peck on the cheek and a nod towards a plate stacked with food. We have the usual conversation about how she expects all A's this year and how I should try out for the cheerleading squad and lastly I get the, "you're my daughter and I love you with everything I have, but I will not tolerate failure" . Usually its the father of the house talking to his son about this kind of thing but that's kind of impossible when the father is deceased and even when alive reminded you everyday about how he wishes he had a son instead, so for this story my devil of a mother will be both my ex-football coach of a father, as well as my 'perfection is not a goal but a way of life', mother dearest.

After breakfast I make my way out of the house and in the direction of the prison known as school. When I arrive I am happy to see that my parking is still open. The smell of paper, varnished wood and cleaning supplies drowns my senses as I enter the building. I'm halfway to my locker when I hear a scream and a more than one set of footsteps running toward me, I am then whisked into the air and spun around in circles, all the while the screaming continues. Once let down, I'm not surprised to be greeted with not one, but two humans standing in front of me with the biggest smiles I've ever seen. Finn is the first to speak "Zoey bear, I missed you so much" at this he pulls me into another bone crushing hug while his sister simply stands there with a smirk plastered on her face.

Its no secret that Finn has taken a liking to me, he has made it virtually impossible for me to date anyone else but he has never made an actual move or come out and said anything about his obvious, not so subtle feelings for me. Before I get a chance to breathe, Kenzie has got me in a tight grip and is shaking me around like a rag doll telling me how much she has missed me.

The smile on her face disappears and her gaze is now fixated on something, or rather someone behind me. I turn around slowly and I am greeted with a creature forged by Gods. His chiseled jaw line, styled to perfection hairstyle and the most gorgeous smile a human can possess. I'm staring at the man of my dreams and possibly the most gorgeous person on earth, Diego Santiago.