TWO ↳ FREAK

"STOP STARING

"STOP STARING."
James' head snapped to his left finding his best friend standing there with raised eyebrows. His cheeks grew warm when he realized he had been caught staring at her for the billionth time.

"I wasn't staring, I was gazing." James mumbled, his eyes moving to look at the floor instead of Margo. "It's creepy." Alvaro deadpanned. "Maybe," Alvaro said, his voice sounding suggesting. "You should just talk to her."

"She has a boyfriend." James sigh shaking his head. "Cristiano is an asshole. And I'm pretty sure he's cheating on her." Alvaro spoke giving James a blank look.

"Yeah? Well, her asshole of a boyfriend could easily kick my ass if he wanted to. Plus, if he's cheating on her or not is not any of my business." James knew he was lying about the last part. But if he convinced himself he didn't care about Margo anymore maybe he wouldn't.

"What are you talking about, man?" Alvaro laughed. "You look like you could fuck someone up. I mean I didn't think you were serious when you said you were gonna start working out. You got buff, dude." He joked grabbing James' biceps and squishing them only earning a laugh from the Colombian boy.

The pair stood outside talking waiting for the bell to ring and for their other best friend, Marcelo to arrive so they could head to first period like they always did.

Soon enough the bell rang and the trio were making their way inside the building. Alvaro headed right while James and Marcelo headed towards the second floor where they both had first period together.

The boys entered their French class laughing at a stupid joke Marcelo had told, the happiness only lasting a few seconds before Marcelo was suddenly shoved, James' quick instincts grabbing him before he could hit the floor.

"Watch were you're going, freak."

"You were the one who pushed me.. freak." Marcelo spat back at Toni making his face redden with anger. "What'd you just say to me?" Toni asked angrily, he was ready to launch himself at Marcelo but was quickly and thankfully stopped by a small hand.

"Enough Toni." The familiar British accent spoke. Toni's eyes left Marcelo to look at Margo's similar blue eyes. "Don't defend him! He called me a freak." Toni accused.

"You started it!" Marcelo huffed which made Toni launch himself again but this time he was pushed back by James.

"You're eighteen, Kroos. Act like it." Margo said rolling her eyes. "Who's side are you on Margo? I'm your cousin." Toni whined. "Unfortunately." Margo quietly mumbled thinking nobody heard but James apparently had making him snort, but that small smile quickly disappeared when Margo walked past him not even glancing.

Once Toni had calmed down him and his jock friends all took seats. James and Marcelo following to their usual spots at the back of class.

James dazed off staring at Margo and Cristiano being mushy with each other. His cheeks grew warm and he had to bite his tongue to keep from saying anything.

It hurt him to see Margo happy with someone that wasn't him. He wanted to be the one to get to hold her hand and give her soft and gentle kisses. He wanted to be the one who she came to with all her problems and take her on cute dates. But he couldn't. Margo wasn't his, Margo would never be his and he had to learn to deal with that.

He hadn't uttered a word to her since freshmen year when he ended their friendship, ever since Margo wouldn't even glance at him no matter how hard he tried to get her attention.

His pink lips let out a sigh, looking away from the couple to the window next to him instead. School ended in a month and that's exactly what he had if he wanted to rekindle the relationship he had with Margo before he went and fucked everything up.

And let's just say, trying to get Margo back was going to be harder than he thought.

Word Count: 890

ugh this chapter is so freaking lame