Operation: Notice Me (Jughead x Reader)

200 Writing Prompts: "70 with Jughead please lovely xx" –Anonymous

You and Jughead Jones III had been dating for three months now. The days were perfect. Every day he'd walk you to class hand-in-hand, you'd study together in the student lounge, and you'd go on a little adventure before going to Pop's for dinner. Sometimes it was a walk by Sweetwater River, other times it was making silly home movies together. You were the perfect sweet counterpart to his dark and brooding nature. You'd finish each other's sentences, and laugh at each other's jokes before they'd even finished. You were so in love.

Even though you were so in love, something kept nagging at you.

You and Jughead had been dating for three months, and not once have you had sex.

Betty had told you that she had sex a couple of times when she and Jughead briefly dated, so you knew Jughead wasn't saving himself for marriage or anything like that. While Jughead was admittedly, extremely attractive, it wasn't like you were dying to have sex with him. It's just that you kind of just had expected it to happen by now.

Maybe he didn't think you were ready?

Your parents were out for the weekend so you'd invited Jughead over for a "movie night". A movie night with a lingerie set borrowed from Veronica that made you turn red in the face.

Jughead came over right on time as always, toting a package of microwave popcorn and your favorite candy.

"Hi," Jughead whispered, kissing your forehead.

"Hi," you said with a giggle. He didn't know what he had coming.

You'd made it through one half of Casablanca when you'd decided it was time to put Operation: Notice Me into effect.

"Excuse me," you said breathily, pulling away from his kiss.

"Okay," he replied, grinning. "Don't be long."

Oh, I won't. You thought, running out of your bedroom and into the bathroom. You pulled out Veronica's ensemble from under the sink counter, slipping it on hastily. You gave yourself a once-over in the mirror. Is this what a sexy woman is supposed to look like?

You took a deep breath to calm the nerves, and tiptoed back into your room.

"Oh..." Jughead said, eyes widening. "Um, wow."

"Um, wow," you repeated with a smile, sitting on his lap. You took his face in your hands, planting your lips on his. He returned the kiss eagerly, laying you down on the bed. He was so tender and romantic, yet so hesitant.

Maybe it was your turn to turn up the heat? Your hands went to the waistline of his pants and you tried to fiddle with the buttons. Jughead flinched, backing away.

"What's wrong?" You asked. You felt tears of rejection welling up.

"Can we just watch the movie?" He whispered, looking away.

"Um... yeah!" You said, trying to keep a smile on. You cuddled up to him and unpaused the movie. With the lights off, you let the tears flow. You let a sniffle out when Jughead turned back to you.

"What's wrong, love?" He said, touching his forehead to yours.

"Why... why don't you want to have sex with me?" You sobbed. You sounded pathetic and horny, but you needed to know why. Even with the most expensive lingerie, it was like Jughead saw right through you.

Jughead paused the movie, turning on the lights. You covered yourself with a blanket, blushing darkly.

"(Y/N), I, and any man on this earth can see that you are incredibly sexy, and incredibly desirable," Jughead said.

He could see your confused expression, so he sighed, continuing.

"I... I don't want to have sex with anyone, (Y/N)," Jughead whispered. "I think I'm asexual."

"But... Betty said you had sex with her," you said.

"I was still figuring myself out when we were having sex. Every time I'd go home feeling weird and disgusted with myself. I think I was just having sex to make her happy," he said.

"I'm sorry, Jug," you said, hugging him. That must have been terrible for him.

"I... I understand if you want to leave me," Jughead said, tearing up. "I'm sorry I can't give you what other guys can."

"No, no, Jughead," you said, hugging him tighter. You pulled him down onto the bed, and he tensed up.

The two of you laid on your bed, faces impossibly close but never touching. His breath ruffled your hair, and his arms encircled you like the string of fate that connected you to him for eternity. "This, this is why I fell in love with you," you whispered. "Not for sex."

He smiled, kissing you with all of the love in the world.

"Way better than sex," you said with a smile. You know, you could get used to this asexuality thing.