November 4th, It's been a year.

Dan lied on his bed, it was 1pm and he was just now thinking of getting out of bed. He knew everyone was going to be the day everyone pestered him. As today, was the day that marked one year since his Best Friend, Phil Lester, was missing. He sighed and looked at his phone. The world was centered around him today; staring at him intensely waiting for him to break down in a flood of emotions he couldn't handle.

His phone buzzed it was a message from Louise. It read  'You okay?' He sighed pressing his thumb on the cold phone screen. 'Yea' He replied, he was lying obviously. Though it hurt that he had to endure the loss of his Friend he'd have to push forward for his own self pride. 'Ok were having a meetup with Pj,Chris and some other people at the cafe at 4pm if you think you can bare to go?' It buzzed. Dan sighed, if he could attend people may just say he was fine and leave him alone. 'Yeah I'll be there.' He texted back.

Dan decided to get dressed in his regular black, lifeless, emo clothing. He had the curls balancing on his head as he couldn't be asked to get the straighteners. He never bought any after Phil had left. That was Phil's thing. Not his. He looked in the mirror and tried to pretend to smile for practice.  He was going to make it through that meet up if it killed him.

"Dan? Dan you home?" A knock came at the door with a familiar chirpy voice, It was Thomas. He waddled over to the door and opened it to see Thomas with his Branded smile and adoring personality. "Hey Thomas...What are you doing here?" He said looking around Thomas to see if anyone else was there. "To drive you to the cafe? I got told by Pj to pick you up." He said, of course Pj would puppy guard him and make someone drive him there. "Look Thomas, I didn't know you were coming and since when are you in the UK?" He said. Thomas looked at him confused a scowl on his face before realizing and smiling again. "I was just taking a break in the UK since I have no one to really hang with since Joan and Talyn are doing boring stuff which I'm 'not ready for'." He said air quoting the end of the sentence. "So am I still driving you or are you just gonna let the coffee get cold?" He said smiling, Dan smiled and replied "Lets fucking do this." He said as Thomas slightly cringed at the language and Dan apologized with being more awkward to cover it up on the walk to Thomas' car, consisting of knocking over a plant (which wasn't Phil's), nearly tripping over two times and nudging Thomas about five times.

"You know your not alone in this. I got pestered about how I'm doing to." Thomas said sighing, it was true. Thomas had lost Dodie the same day he lost Phil. "Speaking of which how are you doing?" Dan asked doing his seat belt as Thomas did the same and started driving. "I should ask you the same, but I'm fine." He said shrugging. Dan looked at him then looked at his feet "Everyone keeps spamming me on social media." He said slightly laughing; Thomas must've found it funny because he sneaked a laugh. "Wait is it with the photo of Phil looking like a ladybug?" He said as Dan nodded and they bothed laughed. "It was the most bright picture I had seen of him!" Dan mentioned. "And the last time he made a joke about a Ladybug!" He said before stopping mid sentence, there would never be another joke about a ladybug. Because Phil was gone. Thomas noticed his friends misery and rubbed him shoulder with a comforting smile as the car stopped and the walked into the cafe.

"Here's our Main man, Dan how are you doing?" Pj said sitting at a long rectangle table able to fit around 12 people. The metal was wearing away on its rim and the gum underneath was obvious but it was nice and comforting. "I'm good..." He pondered on his words before sitting down next to Louise who instantly latched onto Dan. "I'm so sorry!" She said. "It's fine Louise..." Dan rose a glass to the air "To Phil!" He said "To Phil!" They responded and began talking about their regular, normal lives.

It wasn't fair. They had the normal life.