eleven

~age: eighteen ~

"You can drive right?" Donghyuck asked as he was sat on Mark's couch, picking at his nails.

"Yeah, I got my license years ago."

"So, you wanna go for a ride?"

"It's" Mark paused to look down at his watch "11:53 pm and you want to go on a drive?"

"Exactly!"

"Fine."

So, at 11:54 pm, Mark and Donghyuck threw own their jackets and buckled up in Mark's father's car. It sputtered a start and Mark backed out of the driveway.

The only cars that drove around were adults coming home from work or teenagers driving to the end.

Donghyuck didn't want to be either. The car that whizzed past old gas stations and rows of houses wasn't like the other cars. It wasn't filled with sad, angry people, it was filled with nothing but happiness, readiness and a little bit of love.

The drive started slow, the boys both not knowing where they want to go.

"Let's go to the sea" Donghyuck said quietly.

"The sea? That's a long drive Donghyuck."

"I'll go anywhere, as long as you're here" Donghyuck turned his head back to windshield.

"Fine, you're lucky I'm nice."

"I'm the luckiest aren't I?" Donghyuck chuckled.

After at least 30 minutes of driving and Donghyuck rolling down the window even though it was cold as hell. They finally arrived at the sea, yeah it was cold but, it was beautiful.

"Hyuck, we're here."

"We're here? Oh! We're here!" Donghyuck exclaimed and Mark thinks that's the fastest he's ever seen the younger run.

Mark followed closely behind watching his bo– whatever he is, run around on the sand.

"I wanna go in the water!" Donghyuck yelled.

"Hyuck, the water is just above freezing! You'll die!" Mark yelled back.

"I've made peace!" Donghyuck said turning towards the water.

"Donghyuck, Don't do it" Mark warned "Hyuck, stop."

Donghyuck didn't reply he just began walking towards the tide, like he was in  a trance.

Mark had enough, he ran over and grabbed Donghyuck by the wrist and yanked him out. But, pulling him out seemed too easy. Donghyuck was like a rag doll.

The two were standing face to face, Donghyuck's back towards the ocean.

"Donghyuck?"

No reply.

"Hyuck?"

Nothing.

"Hyuckie, please don't do this. Please, answer."

"..."

"Please..."

Suddenly, Mark was pulled towards Donghyuck by the waist. Lips smashing against each other's. It was a blur, a messy, euphoric blur.

Mark wrapped his arms around the younger's neck.

"What if someone sees us? What if m-"

"Don't think too much about it."

And he leaned back in.

"I love you" Donghyuck said against the older's lip, the soft breath blowing on them.

"I love you too."

But, they still didn't know what they were.

"Donghyuck, what are we?"

///

there's probably gonna be like one more chapter lol

but worry not cause i'm about to start another markhyuck fic (is 4 markhyuck fics too many?)

anyway that one is gonna be called "run away" and it's basically gonna be hyuck and mark running away with nothing but like noodles and a shitty rv??? also!!! this time i'll actually have other members be apart of the story this time!!!

thanks for reading <3