CHAPTER 7: Mingling

"Ouchh!" Saba screamed.

"Sorry, Sorry Saba."

Today was the reception and once again the house was chaotic. I was helping Saba get in her dress which seemed to be stuck and in the process I kept on pinching her accidentally.

"Okay I think I've got it. Just hold in your breath for a few more seconds and.... Done!"

"Phew!"

"Sara I was convinced that you were going to kill me today."

"Hahha don't worry not so soon. I'll let you live till your wedding so we can have free delicious food." I teased her.

"Oh but aren't you first? So I'm going to be the one eating the free delicious food."

"We'll see."

I laughed and walked into the washroom to get into my dress.

I was wearing a short shirt that stopped just below my hip with the bottom being flared from the knee onwards. It was light grey in color with silver work with a red colour dupptha.

After putting the dress on I realized that it was more fitted than to my liking.

You can easily depict my frame, where my chest was more than noticeable for someone who wore a hijab.

"Great! Just great! I can't do anything about it now."

I mumbled to myself and stepped out the bathroom to conquer the face paint, I mean makeup.

As  I was  just about done getting ready, putting in the final pins in my hijab, Aisha Bhabi walked in and gasped out loud leaving me startled.

"Mashahallah!!!!! Sara you look drop dead gorgeous. I won't be shocked if we are going to be invited to your wedding next."

Bhabi's comment left me in shock.

Really? I looked good?

I never thought I was quote on quote "beautiful". Just average.

"Oh thank you Bhabi. That's really sweet of you but lets not get ahead of ourselves here."

"Oh Sara I'm serious! Take my advise and stay away from all the guys at the wedding today or else your Nikah might not be too far away."

Bhabi's comment made me feel so awkward that I wanted to rip my clothes off me.

But I knew that just was not possible. Especially with my mother. She would kill me and than get me deported from AMRECA.

***

I was excited to see Dua and see how she looked and how was her first night away from home with her husband.

As we arrived at the banquet hall, we all moved around saying salam (greetings) to the guest.

I went upstairs where Dua and Adnan Bhai were waiting after their photo-shoot.

As I turned the doorknob, I found a familiar face standing on the other side.

It was him...Daniyal.

It's like he keeps popping up from anywhere and everywhere.

"Sorry." I mumbled a little annoyed.

To which he replied

"Assalamu Alikum."

His tone was a bit different, filled with adoration. As if he was dumbfounded by our encounter.

Before I could have even replied, Adnan Bhai interrupted.

"Hey you must be Sara, Dua's cousin."