Chapter 4

Aedion still wasn't talking to her. 

Unless it had something to do with the massive army they were moving North, or he had to play the part of the Queen's commanding officer, he all but ignored Lysandra. She had tried everything she could think of to get him to talk to her, even shifting back into herself when they were alone to remind him that she was still here, but none of it worked. He stayed silent and ignored her pathetic attempts at normal conversation. She couldn't blame him. If he had kept a secret this big about Aelin and then revealed it at the last moment she would have given him the silent treatment too. 

But it still hurt. It hurt more than she would care to admit. 

"Aelin?" Lysandra snapped her head up, looking toward Galan. 

"Yes," she answered in a perfect imitation of the Queen. She and Aelin had spent weeks mastering her look, demeanor, and her smile. But the hardest thing for Lysandra was the speech. Aelin talked more freely than Lysandra did-having grown  up in a household full of assasins that was to be excepted. Aelin also cursed more that Lysandra did. A lot more. 

"We are approaching the east coast of Eyllwe," Galan pointed to the map."They have set up blockade ships and troops stopping us from moving forward. We need to go to the King and Queen and explain that it wasn't Aelin setting those fires but that it was Maeve."

"Can't we go around the blockade?" Ansel asked, twirling a finger through her red hair. 

Galan shook his head, "That would take too long and time is not something on our side right now. We need to talk to the Royal Family and ask them to take the blockade down." He studied the map and looked up at Lysandra.

Everyone seemed to be looking to her these days, how Aelin handled it, she didn't know. "We can send people ashore to talk to them," she offered, "They certainly won't handle threats well." 

Ilias turned to her, "You would need to go, preferably alone, if you want to get something out of them. I've delt with this family before, the don't like strangers. Besides, you were the only one who knew their daughter." His blue eyes focused on the map, calculating. 

Aedion laughed without any humor. "Will they even listen to us after what happened to their daughter in Adarlan?" 

Nehemiah. 

Aelin had told Lysandra of their relationship when she lived in the Glass Casle and when she heard the story, she cried. She cried right along with Aelin as she told the story. The story of a woman who gave her life so that Aelin would be thrown into action. She died so that Aelin could save the world from the Valg. 

Lysandra swallowed. "They'll listen. I'll go and talk to them." She stood up and made for the door, waiting for someone to challenge her, but being Aelin, no one did. "Aedion, wil you come with me?" She asked. If it was jut the two of them going they would finally have a chance to talk, alone, and she could maybe convince him not to hate her. He just nodded, trailing her as they left the council room. Besides Aedion, no one knew that she wasn't the real Aelin, they thought that the shifter had gone on an errand with Rowan and that they would be back in a few weeks. It worked because the supposed mission they were on was in the Western Continent, where they were to collect more weapons for the growing army. They had to fly to get there. Rowan and Lysandra could both shift and fly there, taking less time. That was the story spreading around the army as of know. She didn't know what rumor was spreading as to why the Terresan cousins were being so distant to each other. 

They reached the boat and climbed in. Someone offered to steer them to the coast but Aedion just turned him down. "Between the two of us we can manage just fine, thank you." He snapped. The officer wisely backed down.