Chapter 7: Demons and Souls

I woke up as the usual time and did the same routine. I went outside to check if Pyro was already there but I got startled when I saw Lynx already standing there.

"Finally, I was starving already. So, let's go?" He smiled.

"I didn't ask you to wait for me though." I said.

He scratched his head. "Sorry I forgot to tell you if I could come with you to school."

I sighed. "Well, you're already here so okay." I said and started walking while he followed.

We talked about things on the way like our favorite colors and favorite foods. I got to admit we almost have the same interests and likes.

We entered our first class today which is the study of zodiac signs. We sat down quietly as we are waiting for the teacher.

"Good morning Ms. Layla." We stood up while greeting our teacher.

"Good morning class." The teacher said and made us sat down. "Okay, as said yesterday we are going to continue our discussion among the different zodiac signs." We listened to her as she explained the other zodiac signs.

"Virgo is known to serve and obey orders of the other zodiac signs. She is known for her extraordinary beauty that can lure any creature. She can transform into a seductive creature." "Aquarius is known to be quite short tempered but can also defend. She can transform into a mermaid to lure and drown any creature."

"Pisces are twin ladies that are known to create shields. They can transform into two big fishes that can devour anything on their way."

"Libra, which is me, is known to balance the way things are done. Apparently I cannot transform to anything. My ultimate role is to bring balance to the evil and good. But, in our current situation the abnormal increase of evil is quite uncontrollable." She said then looked at me.

"As of now, we are obliged to serve the princess, the ladder of souls that will be the only hope of the unfortunate souls that are evil and give them hope to change and go to heaven."

My other classmates looked at me with awe. I looked down flustered. I don't even know a single thing one how to do that. "Class dismissed." Layla said and walked towards the door.

"Whoa. I didn't know you were that important." Lynx said and stood up.

I shrugged. I don't even know how I become this important. I stood up and followed Lynx as he was walking to our next class which is history.

We saw people gathered outside of the room. "What's going on?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Our teacher is gone. They said that they saw a letter on a table that said that the teacher has done its duties and now have to live in peace in the arms of the past." A student answered.

We all went to our next class after hearing the news. Our teacher was already waiting at the classroom. "Good morning class." The teacher said. He looks half human and half demon. "Good morning Sir." We said and took our seats.

"I will be your teacher in discussing the different demons and souls." He said and started to open a book. "Let's start with the demons." He said and slowly waved his hand in front of him. A dark light suddenly appeared in the table and a maiden with a body of a snake appeared. "Don't worry humans. I have placed a force field surrounding each of you so any demon can't harm you." He said. "This is a demon called Lamia. She was said to be the queen of Libya and fell in love with Zeus. She gave birth to children. Hera, Zeus' wife was angered and killed Lamia's children. By this, Lamia became insane and transformed into a hideous creature that eats children." He explained then slowly said a chant that made the Lamia disappear from our sight.

Another creature appeared in front of us. It looks like a skeleton that moves and has swords in both hands. "This is a Turdak. They are said to send the souls to hell." The Turdak quickly disappeared afterwards.

A bright light suddenly came and an angel appeared. "This is Sandalphon. He is known to deliver the prayers to God himself." He explained and another light suddenly appeared. "This one is Throne. It is known as the angel of knowledge." He discussed a few more demons and soon told us about the 3 different kinds of souls. "There 3 different kinds of souls. The first one is the white souls. They are pure and they have died peacefully without regret." "The black souls. They are vengeful souls that want other people to suffer. They are often called by humans as bad spirits."

"Lastly, the blue souls. They are the kind of souls that needs to do an unfinished business on earth." He explained. "This is all that we are going to discuss for today. Class dismissed." He said and flew away.

Based on our schedule it is said that we are supposed to have lunch for this period but an announcement was said by our classmate that while lunch time, the rules shall be discussed and classes will end early because a problem was happening.

We went to the Hall of Bountiful Harvest and ate while listening to the discussion.

"The rules of this school are simple. The first rule is that staying too long to the human world is prohibited. It is too dangerous to stay there because humans who did that ended up in the mental hospital."

"The second is that you shouldn't harm a human or any living creature. Committing a sin can lead to that human being sentenced to hell."

"Lastly, the most important rule of all, falling in love with someone isn't allowed for it can hinder you of your duties as the people who are balancing the good and evil in the human world. That is all. Thank you for listening." The voice said.

So people who have special abilities cannot fall in love. Well that isn't too hard because normal people usually avoid people who they think are abnormal. Plus, I don't really think I'm attractive myself.

"Falling in love? Well... that's kind of hard, isn't it Iesha?" Lynx said.

I shrugged. "It really depends on a person." I said. Since classed was rather cut short today we went home after class.

We saw Pyro on the way.

"I'll be taking Iesha home for now. Don't worry she is safe with me." Pyro said and showed Lynx the mark of the zodiac sign Leo in his nape.

"Okay, I guess. Bye Iesha see you tomorrow." Lynx said still hesitant to leave but left anyway.

Pyro led me to my home. "We need to talk about something Milady." He said in a rather worried expression. I wonder why.