29

- -

"My dad knows how to tell a story

"My dad knows how to tell a story. He'd make me laugh by doing all the different voices."
-Lily Collins

--

TRIGGER WARNING for the following subjects including depression, self harm, and eating disorders.

--

The trailer is quiet with only the sound of sad music playing. A knock on the door interrupts the silence and Ophelia gets up and walks to the door opening it to find Chris with a worried look. She lets him inside her place before closing the door.

"Hey Chris," Ophelia softly smiles at him as they sit down on her couch.

"What was your tweet about?" Chris questions making Ophelia sigh.

"I assume you know what happened long ago with Sebastian and I seeing as you two are best friends."

"Yeah, he told me."

"Well the girls were questioning what happened as they only knew the gist of it so I told them and now I'm just feeling weird because I can just feel that pain again that I had. It's stupid."

"Oph, it's not stupid to feel what you're feeling. You and Sebastian have been through a lot together and you guys are finally getting back on track. It's okay to remember what happened because that's just a part of your story with him. Have you talked to him about this at all?"

"No. I'm too afraid."

"Why are you afraid?"

"I was happy that we were becoming friends again but I always had the past memorized in the back of my head. I was hoping I would get over it but I just can't and retelling what happened just has me feeling scared. I'm scared of continuing this friendship with him and possibly falling for him once again," as Ophelia mentions her fear out loud, a tear rolls down her cheek as she finally admits what's been happening. "I can't allow myself to be hurt again and to be cheated on for the billionth time. He did it before and then Jamie did it and I just can't go through the heartache again because then it's shame on me for falling for it.

After the breakup, so much happened to me as I did things I shouldn't have and I've been so afraid of it happening again because of breaking up with Jamie. I've been having the temptations again and I don't like it. I'm tired of feeling this."

"Ophelia, what did you do?"

"My thoughts got so bad. I kept questioning why he cheated and if I wasn't good enough or worth anything. I thought that maybe I was too fat and too ugly because the other girl was so beautiful. One day, I found myself in the bathroom after eating a sandwich and I just remember going to the toilet and making myself throw up. I stopped eating after that and just told everyone that I wasn't hungry and that I ate earlier or I would eat later. Along with that, I started to cut myself. I managed to save myself after realizing that even though I hate myself, my fans love me and look up to me and I can't have them doing the things I do. I've never told anyone about this, you're the only one who knows."

By the end of Ophelia's speech, she's sobbing and Chris holds onto her whispering that it'll all be alright. She's grateful for Chris and his friendship as he is her brother away from her real brother. Being able to talk to him helps her.

 Being able to talk to him helps her