8

I groaned a little as I opened my eyes. I realized I couldn't move, and then all of the memories came flooding back at once. I panicked and I searched for Thomas.

I didn't have to look far. He was beside me, in the same situation as I was. Awake, but paralyzed, and completely vulnerable. My breathing was shaky and fast as I asked, "Are you alright?" He nodded and winced a little.

I took a deep breath and anger made my body shake uncontrollably. Where was my father? After all of this, he would be extremely lucky if he wasn't dead. He put me-he put all of us-through hell for half of my life, and he is so pathetic as to track us down and make us miserable all over again.

I remembered my mother and brother. Oh how I missed Jon and his sassy remarks. I missed mom and her consolation and cooking. I looked around for them. Maybe they were here, tied up like us...

I looked. I couldn't see anything, but the only light was coming through the few windows and the crack in the trapdoor above Thomas.

Then another question popped into my head. How were we alive? I was certain he had shot us. Thomas had fallen and everything. Then the answer came to me like a bolt of lightning.

Tranquilizer bullets. Perhaps this meant my mother was alive!

Now, we did still have a small problem. I couldn't solve anything tied up and held prisoner. Then there was another thing. Just where was my father?

How to get out, how to get out, repeated in my head until the most obvious thing came to mind. With prayers to god my father wasn't around, I called, "Logan? Princey?"

They appeared immediately. Princey let out a small cry of anger (after Logan told him to be quiet) and went to work rescuing us. "How did this happen?" He asked.

We had no time to answer. There was movement above us. Princey pulled out his sword, and suddenly I realized that was the only weapon we had.

I felt like I was on a time limit. I ran around looking for a weapon. Luckily, I found a knife just lying around. You don't get much luckier than that.

I found my brother too. I was so happy. I heard the trapdoor start to open, and I motioned Thomas and everyone else to follow me to the corner. They did, very swiftly, with Princey's help.

When my father finally came down and noticed we were gone, he screamed at me. Just like he did when he was still in charge.

I was sick of it. I looked at Princey, anger and determination in my eyes. I took one step forward, but got no farther.

Jon held my arm. Thomas was holding Princey's. "Don't do this. You'll be like him if you do. (Y/N) you are so much better. You can do whatever but don't. Kill. Him."

And with that, my mind cleared. I suddenly realized I could go about this another way. I told them the plan as we moved in the shadows, away from my father.

Princey and I would attack, giving everyone time to escape. At best, they would have about 10 minutes to get out and to saftey.

But at worst, they had 3.

Everyone nodded. Jon had tears in his eyes, and I finally really saw him. His hair was cut, but it wasn't before. He was wearing a baggy shirt and shorts. He had never looked more like a boy. He had never looked less like himself.

I held him, and nodded toward the last bit of shadow near the trapdoor. My father was getting closer, and we moved faster.

Thomas kissed me. I was surprised, but I kissed back. It was short, it was sweet, but it was enough to keep me going for days.

And with that, Thomas, Jon, and Logan were huddled by the exit, and Princey and I were hurtling towards death.

He had nothing on him, but he was prepared. He dodged every swipe and stab at him, until finally, Princey screamed and sliced his arm. He was shocked, but it wore off to quickly. He spat by Princey's feet. "Faggot."

I had enough. I wouldn't kill him, but I would put him through hell, just like I had been. I attacked more violently, with more speed and precision. I had cut him in numerous places, and he wasn't crying yet.

Finally, with an ending worthy of a movie, Princey put my dad to sleep. Pressure point. I was jealous of Princey. I had never learned how to do it properly.

We walked up the trapdoor and locked it shut. Princey smiled as he swung the keys he had snagged from my dads waist. I grinned proudly.

We got home safe, and Logan called the police to file an arrest for my father.

Later that night, I was heading to bed when Jon grabbed my arm. He was no longer crying, had returned to normal (mostly), but his expression was unreadable.

Jon hugged me and took a sharp breath in. By my ear he whispered, "Mom is dead."

I jerked away. My heartbeat slowed and I couldn't think properly. Jon wouldn't look at me. "I had to watch her die."

I swallowed. The sadness I was holding in came pouring out, and I hugged my brother, truly happy that I still, at least had him.

We didn't stop crying until Thomas came to get me in bed. And as Thomas made jokes and hugged me under our covers, I realized I was also very lucky I had him too.

And I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

A/N: Really late update, but I thought it went really well! I'm extremely sorry for the wait, but I haven't had the urge to write. But with a little life threatening encouragement from my friends (ahem, lili) and a book called TBH by a YouTuber I rly need to subscribe too, I finally wrote.
Feedback?
Q: Your #1 Fandom?

In other news, I'm bisexual...and I'm proud! 🏳️‍🌈