I Should've Just Gone to Bed

Nick wasn't one to get drunk.

Well, that was what he told himself. The fact that he was in a bar that Friday night said otherwise. With the sole purpose of getting drunk Nick had walked in there, and he knew that fact. Why? Well, the why was a different story. Maybe he wanted something different to do besides stay at home and watch television until the wee hours of the morning. Exciting, right? Thrilling. Watching whatever was on, that was oh so fun.

Or maybe he just wanted to have that feeling of being wasted, even if it meant a headache the next morning.

Nick shrugged his shoulders. Whatever the reason was, Nick wanted to down a few glasses. And that was that.

So he took his first sip, knowing what was coming, and not caring. Still trying to think of an excuse that he would give, in case he found someone he knew there. Another sip, another reason that washed

down with the alcohol. Glass to his lips. He wasn't stressed. Liquid down his throat. He wasn't necessarily tired. He was bored, that was why he was there, but it would be useless to tell people that. It sounded too lame. Nick didn't want to be that lame guy. He wanted to know that he deserved some respect.

He had gone through two, three, four glasses when he finally came up with a reason.

Or rather, called it.

Called her.

He shouldn't have.  He told himself that again and again, staring at his phone, but he finally gave in.

"Robin."

"Hey, Nick."

"Can you meet me somewhere?"

***

She arrived an hour later, wearing a deep blue dress that was form fitting, but not too tight. It did, however, show off wide hips, a thin waist, and a large chest. It barely came to her knee, but her heels relayed the message across that she had legs. Long legs. Beautiful legs.

Nick knew immediatly why he had come to the bar. He ordered one more drink, and as he sat, he watched her. Long, curly hair fel down her back, dark red in color. Her eyes danced in the light, big and bright and beautiful. She had a small nose, pronounced cheekbones. Red lips. Nick downed his drink as soon as he saw them, the delicate neck, the thin fingers, and he knew why he had come, why he had caled. He wanted her. He needed her.

She saw him walking towards her, and couldn't help but notice the muscles. The sandy hair. The blue eyes, staring intensely at her. The face that was, in a word, unforgettable. She knew him, but she had never seen him quite so... handsome.

She chose to look at her perfectly manicured nails until he was at her side, squeezing her shoulder. "What's your name, beautiful?" He slurred, and she knew, like her, he was wasted. She knew because he didn't remember her name

But she didn't care.

"Robin," she whispered, letting her hand catch his, deciding to play along. "What's yours?" Nick let her hold his hand before answering. "It's Nick." He glanced down at her fingers, delicately entwined into his. She turned to face him, took her other hand, and slid it slowly up his arm. "Been here a while?" She asked, wanting to guess how much he had had to drink before finding her.

Nick stared into her eyes. Pale blue ones, staring back at him. Large lashes. Everything about her screamed at him, crying to his soul, and all he could think to do was stare into her eyes. Beautiful eyes. Eyes that searched his face, looking for an answer. So he gave one, letting go of her fingers and slowly sliding her arm around to the small of her back. He swayed back and forth, dancing with her. Then he leaned down, felt her hair brush his face as he whispered into her ear, "Who cares? I've found you, and that's all that matters." And Robin knew that. She could tell.

She felt fingers find her hair, playing with the ends. "Robin," Nick wanted to find her eyes, but it was hapening too fast, so he swallowed in an attempt to slow the moment. "I love your hair."

She giggled in his ear. "Thank you."

"It's so long..." his fingers slid through it, once. "And thick." He wrapped it around a finger, then let it go. Wrapped it, let it go.

"And curly."

Robin did not respond. She just kept dancing, and Nick kept leading her.

He slid his hand under her hair, to the back of her neck, and held it there. "You're beautiful," he slurred. "You are beyond words beautiful. I love your neck. It's so..."

He couldn't find the right words, so he did the next best thing: he leaned down and kissed her collarbone. "So beautiful," he whispered against her skin, moving up and kissing her neck lightly. Moving up some more, kissing it again. Kissing all the way up to her chin.

"And your nose is so beautiful." He kissed it once, twice, three times. Pushing her back, away from the dance floor, into a room off to one side. "I love your eyes," he whispered, closing the door behind him.

He kissed jist above each of her eyes, one after the other. "And your cheeks are beautiful." He kissed her left cheek, rhen her right one.

Nick tilted Robin's head up, looking from her nose to her eyes to her cheeks...

and finally, to her lips.

He leaned down, barely touching them at first. Then he pulled back and kissed her again, twice, three times more. Then he kissed her a fourth time, hungrily, hard. Pressing his lips against hers. Sliding his tongue into her mouth. Tasting it, exploring it. Robin let him, let her hands get caught in his hair as he stroked hers.

Nick pulled back barely, catching his breath. "That dress..."

He kissed her again, down her chin, her neck, pressing kisses all over her.

"It looks uncomfortable."

Robin smiled softly. "It is."

***

Nick woke up the next morning and cursed himself on his way home, running a hand through his hair. What had he done? What had he done? He should've just went home, watched his TV, done his thing, eaten a snack at 2 in the morning. He got home and hit the wall.

He should've just gone to bed.

He should've never called her.

He should've listened to his head when it was yelling at him to leave it alone.

He should have turned the light off, called it a night.

He should've just gone to bed.

*****

Sorry for being so suggestive.  Have a good day xx

-AA