Chapter 5

Travis took his face in his hands, pulling him in close for a lingering kiss.  Ethan’s mouth opened on instinct, allowing Travis’ questing tongue inside.  He slid the palms of his hands along the length of Travis’ arms, from wrists to shoulders, ending with his fingers interlocked behind his neck.  Tightening his arms around Travis, Ethan slowly closed the gap between their bodies. 

“You taste so damn good,” Travis murmured.  He punctuated each word with a playful kiss. 

“It’s all the alcohol you filled me with,” Ethan offered.  “But I can’t deny you taste awfully damn good, too.”

His hands left Ethan’s face, descending down his chest and winding their way around his waist.  Travis removed the last few inches separating their bodies, bringing them chest to chest and hip to hip.  “Much better, there was too much space between us.”

Ethan groaned his agreement, kissing Travis eagerly.  His fingers plucked at Travis’ shirt, tugging to release it from where he’d tucked it.  “Your belt’s too tight, I can’t get your shirt out.”

Chuckling, Travis put a few inches of space between them.  “Let’s take this back to my room first.  It’s too cold out here to get naked.”

“Lead the way,” he replied, anxious to be back in his arms. 

Travis’ room was much as he expected it.  Dark wood furniture lined two walls.  A king sized bed covered in a rust colored down comforter poked out from a third wall.  Two tasteful pieces of artwork adorned the walls, leaving everything else bare and stark in contrast.  Somehow it was perfectly Travis. 

He was back in Travis’ embrace moments later, feeling the heat of his skin through his clothes.  The need that he’d been denying all this time had reared its head and demanded to be noticed.  Even if they didn’t make it any farther than just this one night, he was ready to give Travis everything. 

“Mm, baby,” Travis crooned, “you are eager aren’t you?”  One hand slipped from Ethan’s waist and trailed down to cup his ass. 

Ethan arched his hips against Travis’, encouraging his bad behavior.  “You have no idea.”

“Sadly, I have a pretty damn good idea,” he sighed, rubbing his aching cock against Ethan’s thigh. 

“Ahh,” Ethan groaned, adoring the feel of a man against him again.  “So it seems you do know.”

“Yeah, and let me prove it to you,” he said, words gentle in Ethan’s ears. 

Despite the desperate urges building within them both, Travis forced himself to take it slow, to treat Ethan like he was a fragile doll liable to break at any moment.  He timed his touches so they would have the greatest effect and bring the most pleasure.  Taking cues from his lover, he played into Ethan’s every want and need, allowing his body to guide them both.

He was astounded that Ethan was so willing to let him take the lead.  Under normal circumstances, Travis always allowed his partner to be that guy, the one that had to be in control, the one that always had to top.  It seemed to be what worked for him the best, letting someone else have the upper hand.  This was different somehow.  Ethan hadn’t let him be that guy, they’d sort of fallen into these roles on their own.  It was different and fascinating and the biggest damn turn on he’d ever experienced. 

This could be the beginning of something very, very exciting for them both.  Travis promised himself that he wouldn’t screw it up like he always did. 

Focus, Murphy, he scolded himself.  Pay attention to the beautiful creature beneath your fingertips.  You can dwell on your past when he’s gone.