Meeting new people

"Ms. Shanice boss lady told me to put him with your group so you can train him, Mr?" Ms. Samantha trailed off asking the new employee for his name.

"Theo" he answered while shaking her hand.

"Girl why, I'm basically new myself" I asked. I was new to the job but not as new as the other employees, I knew my way around I got this job about two months ago so I guess I knew the ropes of things.

"Girl, I have to train another one too, Mr. Sam" Ms. Samantha responded as Mr. Sam walked up to us.

"Well hello I'm Ms. Shanice, I hope y'all like kids and know how to handle them. It's a very easy job but you have to make it easy, don't let the kids run you over, don't come in there trying to be nice with them at first cause they are going to take your kindness for weakness" I went over with the newbies.

Throughout the day I tried my best to inform Mr. Theo on how to do his job, the what ifs, how to, when, where, and how to do things in certain situations. While interacting with some of the kids in my group, I peeped that Mr. Theo was looking at me a certain way but I ignored it until he kept trying to have side conversations with me while the kids were busy doing homework.

"How long have you been working here?" Mr. Theo asked.

"About 3 months now" I responded.

"You like it?"

"It's challenging because I got the toughest group of kids and they been through too many different counselors so they thought they can run over me but I had shut that down real quick."

"I see, they really quiet during homework time, and they behave fine" he complemented.

"Thank you" I nodded as I looked at him, I didn't know if he was trying to flirt or anything but this is not the right place or time. I got curious to know how old was he so I decided to ask.

"How old are you?"

"19, you?"

"Me too." I laughed. He laughed too and now we were trying to see who was older. He was four months older than me and we continued to have short conversations.

***********
When I got home from work. I laid in bed and thought about what happened at work. Theo was definitely flirting with me but hey I'm not interested in relationships at the moment.

My feelings for Paul are still here, plus he's not a big fan of me talking or dating people, I just want to avoid everything that had happen with Kevon last summer.

I thought about the time he had text me acting all suspicious after the whole Kevon situation died down and we were back on good terms.

Bestfriend😍👊🏽😘: soooo I was bad last night 😳

Me: how

Bestfriend😍👊🏽😘: 😳😳😳😳😳
Bestfriend😍👊🏽😘: well
Bestfriend😍👊🏽😘: actually nvm 🏃🏾🏃🏾🏃🏾

Me: no you brought it up so spit it out.

Bestfriend: lol 🙅🏽

Me: Paul don't play with me

Bestfriend: lol well there was this bad girl at a party right and let's just say yea 💃🏽

Me: hmmm

Bestfriend: see this is why I ain't wanna tell you