seven

it had been a week since hyojong left hwitaek's apartment with wobbly knees and a shy smile to go help his friend. a week since hwitaek had last seen him. and it didn't help that they haven't even exchanged numbers yet since the blond was always around to talk. it was torture, but a lot more painful to think that the last time it was hwitaek on his knees; vulnerable and open to hyojong before the man went off the grid.

he hoped he was just being too anxious as always and it was because hyojong needed to stay with his roommate. yuto? if he remembered correctly— probably japanese.

hwitaek was a little jealous.

"hui?" wooseok called him, voice weirdly soft.

hwitaek hummed in reply.

"i think, i just made the stupidest mistake ever."

the elder sharply turned toward him. "what? what did you do— wooseok your mother told me i had to keep you out of jail you're too young for—"

"i fucked hyunggu last night and left his apartment before he even woke up because i was too scared to tell him my feelings and now he's probably waking up now without seeing a note or text and oh my god i'm an asshole aren't i?" the younger rambled.

hwitaek paused to process the words, lips pursing and eyes dead set on wooseok's. he called for jinho— who came out of the back quickly.

"what is it?" the man seemed to be in a good mood, face bright and expressions colorful.

"wooseok needs to learn how to treat people." hwitaek scowled at the younger.

"...this is the day i've been waiting for my whole life."

***

and after they set wooseok off to amend his mistakes— hwitaek was stuck with the missing presence of hyojong. jinho all cheery about his boyfriend, hongseok (hwitaek tried hard not to throw up at the name) and he himself bitter.

"he's going to come back, hui." jinho grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers and swinging them shyly. a small smile on the man's cute face.

and hwitaek was reassured.

but a week turned into more.

----

a/n i have plans for this man. like Actual plans. AND I HATE ANGST BUT LEMME SPRINKLE A LIL OF THAT SHIT. this was rlly short. next chap would be better. and should i change the layout ?? ppl be adding like all these sparkly symbols n gifs n shit in their stories i mean ?? idk.