Chapter One: It Came in a Dream

The cold air blew down Jackson's spine. A darkness surrounded him making it impossible to see his hand directly in front of his face. His hair sharp as needles, his breath sporadic as if he was having an asthma attack. His fear overwhelmed him, he cried and cried for help but to no avail. "Shhhhhh", he heard suddenly. "Jackson, Jackson, Jackson...", a voice kept uttering. Jackson look around until he saw a pair glowing purple eyes emanating from the darkness. "This day, your torture begins.", Jackson couldn't breathe. The eyes suddenly rushed toward him as a shrill- high pitched scream came out of the darkness. The screams kept coming in a pulse, until the screams turned into a beep. The steady beep of an alarm clock. Jackson came springing out of his bead in a cold sweat and a tear filled face. "Good Lord, one hell of a nightmare.", he said as he awoke. Time for school.
Jackson walked downstairs and poured himself a bowl of his favorite cereal. All was well, yet he couldn't shake the feeling that nightmare gave him. The whispers kept replaying in his mind.
"This day your torture begins.."
"Jackson.."
"Jackson..."
"JACKSON!"
Suddenly Jackson snapped back to reality. He saw his mother Jane standing in the kitchen, staring at him with worry for her little boy. "Jackson Knight, I said how are you doing? You're worrying me," She said with the kindness and concern only a mother could have.
"Oh, sorry mom, I zoned out. I'm fine I promise."
"Zoned out? Thinking about that girl again are you? What's her name, Vinnian?"
"VIVIAN, Vivian vale mom, and how do you know about that?!"
"Jack, I've been your mother for fourteen years now, I know when you have a crush on a girl."
Jackson's face was blood red after that rather awkward conversation. He finished his bowl of cereal, kissed his mother goodbye, grabbed his bag and headed to school.
"Time to go to the worst place on Earth. Piedmont Junior High."
That's the last anyone ever saw of Jackson Knight. He never made it to school that day, and what's worse, his body was found a year later in the woods. His corps was clean, no scratches or fall damage, he was in perfect health, yet he died. No knife, no gun, nothing but his school notebook was left. This is where our story begins.