+ the peir

Santa Monica Peir, one of my favourite places in LA, the sun, the sand, the people. Today, my family and I are going to the Pier with my best friend and his family.

•••

"Y/N, want to go skateboarding?" asks my best friend, Johnny.

"Sure", I reply.

We grab our skateboards and tell our parents that we are going to skate down the boardwalk.

We jump on our skateboards and head down the people filled pier. We swerve through the people walking by until we reach the spot that we always go to when we come to the pier.  In this spot we can skate fast and do tricks without having to worry about getting in people's way.

We do ollies and flips, and we have a race, we then decide to do a jump off the boardwalk onto the sand, one after another. I go first and Johnny follows.

I start to push my board, with Johnny on my tail it's hard. When I get to the edge, I realize that the plan will backfire. I end up tripping over the edge and face planting in the sand. As soon as I turn over Johnny follows, falling on top of me.

"You know, now that we are so close I feel like I should tell you something." Johnny says.

"Me too, but you go first" I reply.

"Y/n," Johnny starts, "I think I'm in love with you"

I am frozen still, he just confessed, I should too.

"Really?" I finally ask.

"Really"

"I think I'm in love with you too" I tell him, but before he gets a chance to speak I pull his head back down and kiss him passionately.

Once we pull away, we are both out of breath. "Be.... my..... girlfriend?" Johnny musters out.

"Yes" I reply.

We then sit in the sand by the water and watch the sunset.

310 words