chapter 68

"So when does Janel get here?" Lucy asked, sitting on top of Troian's hospital bed.

The three friends were sat in room A19, still waiting patiently for their best friend to wake up.

"She said she'll be as quick as she can, what do you think she needs to tell us?" Ashley asked, slowly pacing back and forth. To say she was confused was an understatement, Janel said it was important and to stay with Shay at all costs.

"I don't know bu-" Troian was interrupted when a gasping brunette burst into the room.

"Jesus, J. Did you run here?" Ashley giggled, watching her friend trying to catch her breath.

"No, the elevators broken so I had to... climb like 50 flights of stairs" The brunette managed to say, grabbing a bottle of water from her back, quickly gulping down the drink.

"There's another elevator down the hall, you could of used that one" Troian announced.

Janel's head snapped up, "There is? I totally didn't see that"

"So what did you need to tell us that was oh so urgent and important?" Ashley laughed, sometimes Janel would exaggerate something but in reality it was something so small.

"Okay, so I did some research last night about Amber and-"

Troian's eyebrows furrowed. "Amber? what has amber got to do with this?"

"Just hear me out okay? Questions later" Janel began. "So it turns out that her actual name is Amber Lee Sheaffer and she has committed many, and I mean many, crimes. She also has a few restraining orders filed against her for breaking and entering and obsessive stalking. The lady is all kinds of fucked up"

Ashley shook her head, baffled at the new information. "Wait, so what are you trying to say here?"

Janel sighed, grabbing her phone from her pocket and quickly showed the girls the CCTV footage she found. "Look familiar Luce?"

"That's my car, where did you find this?"

Janel grabbed her phone from the girls after they finished watching it and slipped it back into her pocket. "It's from a camera on the parking lot, it's a recording from the day of the crash. It's marked an hour before you all came out of the restaurant"

"Amber cut the brakes! Are you fucking kidding me?!" Troian yelled, her fists clenched and her knuckles turning white.

"What did you just say?"

The four girls quickly turned around to see the brunette slowly sitting up, her eyes adjusting to the bright light above her.

"S-Shan, you're awake" Ashley stuttered, guilt slowly creeping up inside her.

"I asked a question" Shay snapped, anger radiated from the brunette, instantly filling the room with tension.

"Well... Janel is a police officer, and I got a text the other day and I knew it was from Amber so I told her about it. Janel did a search on her and she's married to Hudson, she also is a criminal" Ashley explained slowly, slightly scared of the brunette huffing and puffing in front of her.

"I'm going to kill her... I'm going to fucking kill her" Shay growled, pulling the bed cover off of her body. "Have you told Sasha? Wait... Where is she?" The brunettes anger quickly faded when she realised her girlfriend wasn't in the room.

"Shay, please. You need to calm down, you've only just woken up" Troian begged.

"Where is she?"

Troian sighed. "She's... She's in a coma"

The brunettes eyes prickled with tears, sadness taking over her body. "Can I see her?"

Troian nodded, moving Lucy's wheel chair aside and grabbing her old one that she no longer needed. "C'mon, I'll take you to her"

a/n: yay shays awake ALSO BUY OR STREAM HAVANA BY MY ONE AND ONLY DAD KARLA CAMILA CABELLO ESTRABAO