revelation-2

Thank the god that I didn't actually fall. Ved caught me just in time.
"What did you see niti?"

"Why is she looking like me???"
Yes that woman was somewhat looking like me only. Same eyes. Same skin tone. Only hair made the difference. She had long black hair and believe me. It looked awesome on her. While I had normal shoulder length brown hair.
The other difference, if any, it would be the height. By the looks of it I was taller.

I am going insane.

"You guess " he asked.

Seriously? Was he in the mood of playing games here! And how did my identity depend on these pictures.
"Just answer me ved. Why does she look like me!"

He loosened his hold on me.

"Miss Niyati Manik. She doesn't look like you, you look like her."

"What?"

"She is your mother Niyati. Mrs. Khyati Nikhil Manik."

"Huh?" That was another shock. Kanha? What kind of play is this? How can he say this. That's not even possible.

"Yes."

"Don't make fun of me being an orphan ved!" I knew my face resembled her but that doesn't mean he will make anybody my mother.
His face clearly showed that he was expecting this. This kind of reaction I was giving out right now. And why wouldn't I? He couldn't just come and manipulate my identity like that!

"Hear me out first. And then-"

"What? Hear you out? Listen, I maybe an orphan. But I am not disgusted of being one! You do not get the right to just show me some woman and tell me that she is my mother! And how would you know about my mother? Just because you know someone that resembles me you cannot claim that you know my identity! You know nothing about me. Don't act like you know me better than me! Because you do not. Just-just..." Yeah I could not complete my self. Not because he interrupted me. No. He was there standing in front of me. Listening to me. No matter how much my pitch raised. Its just that I was left with nothing to say! I didn't know what to think!

"Are you done?" He asked.
And when I said nothing he started speaking again.
"Look niyati, I am not making fun of you. And I know I don't know you. I never said I did. I just know about you. I don't know what you are or how you are but I do know who you are... Ever wondered what my mother oh-so-desperately wanted you to marry me?"

"Yeah. I know. She was at the last stage and wanted you to be settled." I said looking into his eyes.

"You are correct. But why you? Why only you and no one else?"

"I-i I don't know." I sighed. "I asked her but she didn't tell me."

"Do you want to know? Why?" He didn't wait for my answer.

"My mother and father could come together because of my masi. Khyati masi. She was the reason I could meet my twin and my father and that mehak was born. We were, are and will always be grateful to her. For without her, mom would still be struggling and I would have never experienced the love of family." He looked at me and smiled.

"After we moved to London along with khyati masi and nikhil masa(uncle), my dad and masa opened the company and since dad invested more money, the company was after his name. However both of them were understanding and were great partners. And then we got the news that ma and masi were pregnant. All of us were happy. Me and my brother Dev, though we looked alike, we were very different from each other, I was someone you could call a bad boy or a brat. While he was mature and understanding. But two things were common in us other than our faces  they were that we loved each other to death and we never let people know how we feeled. He hid it well behind that charming smile and I hid it behind my arrogant behavior." He shook his head at the memory. Even I was enjoying the story. It was as if I could feel what he was feeling and I loved the feeling.
"So then... You and mehak came. We all were very happy because we got a sister and we were sure that you will be a great friend just like our parents were. Those were the days I still remember even though we were small, merely 5 years. And then after 2 two years, the trouble started."

I kept my hand on his, we were sitting on the couch. He took my hand in his big hands.

"The business was going very well. Actually it was on the peak and that's when the competition started arising. Other companies started getting jealous  and there was this one person in particular that literally wanted us dead. Then started the accidents and threatening... We never thought someone could stoop this low just to bring their company on the top! That was insane and then it happened, something we all feared. You and mehak were kidnapped. Till 4 days there was no sign of you two and then at last the information came. That both of you were in India. Those bastards gave this information to masi and maa. Telling them that if they want you two back they would have to go and sign some papers. The company was in the name of masi and ma. I think they thought our mothers being ladies are insufficient in defending themselves and it would be easy to intimidate them. They were soooo wrong. Ma and masi went but not alone, the police was with them. Mehak was safe with maa. And had the protection of police but somehow you were missing. Masi went out for you to bring you back. But that was the last time any of us saw her. 2 days after, we found masi on the beach... Dead... And even after our best connections and detectives we couldn't find you. A month after, masa too left us. He committed suicide. Overdose of sleeping pills, the doctors said."
Just a week earlier I thanked kanha for not giving me parents and now, now I am going through the same thing.
As if he knew what I was going through. He took me into his arms and hugged me tightly. Letting me know that he was there with me. That it was okay to cry.

"They died because of me..." Those words left my lips in a whisper before I had a chance to think what I was saying. But it was no lie. However ved left me in an instant. I was in tears. How could I not be. I killed my own parents!!!! Why the hell am I even alive!

"Look at me niti! Look in my eyes." But I did not, how could I? I was a bloody murderer!

"Look at me. Please."

"Why? Why do you want to look at my face. I cannot even look at myself, how will I look at you. Why are you comforting a murderer ved I should have died years ago-"

"Shut up" that authority in his voice was enough for me to shut my mouth.

He made me look in his eyes by holding my face.

"You didn't kill them! She died for you! So that you could live happily. And masa never once thought of you like that. He was just depressed that he had none of you with him. Neither his heart nor his breath. He lived for a month. A month! That was a miracle niyati! Both your parents loved you endlessly not only them, even my family took over a year to come out of this trauma. But we never stopped looking for you. There are still detectives out there looking for you."

But I was not convinced. Not fully but I decided it was enough for now.

"Where are Dev bhai and uncle?"

And his face fell into that blankness I hated. The care was gone. Something similar to hatred, sorrow, pain, returned.

After everything that happened, we were still living but we weren't that happy. Something was always missing. And then one day when I was doing my graduation and Dev, his course in painting. He met bhabhi. Her name was disha. She was also a painter and both had many things in common.And that is when everything started coming on track. Everything was finally getting good. Finally happiness found our door. Soon they married. It was like 3 years ago. Next to next Tuesday is their 3rd anniversary. But again! Again your kanha had to take away that happiness! He could just not see us happy. Last year, on their 2nd anniversary some drunk bastards hit their car. In that car, bhai, bhabhi and  their children were also there."

"Wait children?"

"Yeah, they had twins too. Two boys. They were hardly of 10 months."

"Oh kanha! Did they too-"

"No they are alive and in danger"