Prank

This is dedicated to my mamshie redbutterflyyy ! More midnight calls to come. Happy Birthdayyyy! I love youuuu! 😘😘😘

Prank (Real-Life AU)
Characters: Gabby Concepcion, Lorna Tolentino

It was a rainy Saturday morning. She doesn't want to leave the house, more specifically, the bed. But she has an early call-time for a rom-com movie with a leading man she doesn't even know yet.

"Alis na ko, Renz," she told her son.

"Naka-leave si Kuya Rudy today, Ma. Hahatid na kita," he uttered.

He closed his laptop.

"No, okay na ako Renz. I can drive naman. Ngayon ka na nga lang nakakapagpahinga eh. Kaya na ni mama 'to, okay?" she assured him.

"Okay, ma. Sabi mo eh," he said then gave his mom a kiss on her cheek.

She drove directly to the location. And there she found a familiar car.

"Bakit nandito siya?"

Her heart beats faster than its normal rhythm. She doesn't even know why this happens.

"I won't expect," she told herself. She got her bag from the passenger seat and went out of the car. Binuksan niya ang payong dahil medyo maulan pa rin. As she walked closer to the house where they're going to hold the shoot, her heart beats faster and faster.

When she reached the gate, there stand a man. His back facing her. She knew it. It's impossible for her to be mistaken.

She walked towards him and held his arm. He looked at her as he felt her hand.

"A-anong ginagawa mo rito?" she asked cluelessly.

"Uhhm... shooting for a rom-com movie?" he answered wearing a big smile on his handsome face.

"Ikaw ang--"

"I am your leading man, yes."

Her heart was beating very fast. She missed him. She missed working with him. She missed his beautiful smile.

"Seryoso ka?" she asked.

His smile immediately turned into a frown. "Joke lang, hindi. Akala ko nga rin ako eh. Pero ganoon siguro talaga, they want the best for Lorna Tolentino, syempre. I'm just Gabby Concepcion."

"H-ha, bakit?" She couldn't hide her disappointment. "Gusto ko ikaw. You are the best for me. And I can also be my best self when I'm with you. Bakit hindi ikaw?"

She was so disappointed. To the point na she wanted to talk to the director or whoever she needed to talk to. It's like her heart was being torn apart.

Gabby laughed. "Ikaw talaga, LT! Sabi na eh, my prank will be effective. Syempre, ako ang leading man mo."

She glared at him and hit his arm. "Loko loko ka pa rin talaga 'no?"

"Ang drama mo pa rin talaga 'no?" he countered. "Tara, pasok na tayo sa loob. Actually, kanina pa kita hinihintay."

She hid her kilig by making faces. "Tara na nga!"

It's not a shooting day for them pala after all. It was all Gabby's plan to surprise Lorna about him being her leading man.

"At talagang kinontsaba mo silang lahat para lokohin ako ha?"

Naiwan na silang dalawa sa bahay. After kasi kumain, isa-isa nang nagpaalam ang mga kasama nila. She doesn't know if he talked to them and asked them to leave on purpose or what.

"Sinabi ko na magpapakain ako ng pizza eh. Pumayag sila. Pogi ko na, generous ko pa." he complimented himself.

"Ayan na naman po siya! Gwapong gwapo ka talaga sa sarili mo 'no?"

"Eh, hindi ba? Kaya nga tayo bagay. Your timeless beauty plus my timeless charm. Complete package na tayo 'di ba?"

She threw a pillow on him and it hit his face.

"Come on, LT! Huwag mong itago ang kilig mo sa pambabato ng unan."

Lorna rolled her eyes. "Ang kapal talaga!"

"It's cold. Bakit naka-shirt ka lang?" Gabby asked her.

"Eh ang aga kaya ng call time. Nagmadali ako. Tapos malalaman ko hindi naman pala shooting ang pupuntahan ko," reklamo niya.

"Wait lang, kuhanan kita ng sweater."

Umakyat si Gabby sa taas ng bahay. The house is Gabby's pala. She haven't been here kaya hindi rin niya expected na prank talaga ang shoot nila ngayon.

Hanggang ngayon, hindi pa rin tumitigil ang ulan. Actually, mas lumakas pa nga. Mas lumamig tuloy at nagsisi siyang hindi siya nagjacket.

"LT, here. Catch," Gabby exclaimed then threw a gray sweater to Lorna.

Sinuot niya agad 'to. It smelled like Gabby. She felt like she was being embraced by him.

She thanked him with a big smile. Pero her smile immediately faded as she realized something.

Gabby asked her if she wanted a cup of coffee at wala siya sa sariling tumango.

Why is she feeling this way? Parang ngayon lang niya ulit naramdaman 'to after her husband passed away. The unexplainable uneven rhythm of her heart beat; the happiness she feels whenever he's around. Gabby's presence gives her comfort. At hindi niya alam kung tama ba ang nararamdaman niya. Feeling niya kasi nagkakasala siya sa asawa niya. Everytime na kikiligin siya kay Gabby, parang sinasabi sa kanya na, "Kinalimutan mo na ba ko?" Kaya pinipilit niya talaga ang sarili niyang pigilan ang kung anumang nararamdaman niya. At pakiramdam niya kapag nalaman ng mga anak niya, hindi matatanggap ng mga 'to.

"Oh, bakit tulala ka dyan?" Gabby put the coffee on the center table.

"C-can I go home?" kinakabahan niyang tanong.

She wanted to be with Gabby but she felt like it was wrong.

"Agad? Bakit?" nagtatakang tanong ni Gabby.

"May gusto ka ba sa akin?"

Nagulat siya sa tinanong niya. Pero si Gabby nakatingin lang ng diretso sa kanya. She doesn't want to hear his answer. Ayaw niyang masaktan.

"S-sorry. Aalis na ako." She stood up and walked towards the door. But Gabby held her arm and forced Lorna to look at him. But she kept on avoiding his eyes.

"Don't you want to hear my answer?" Gabby asked, holding Lorna's face to fix her eyes on his. Her eyes were starting to water.

"Hindi ko alam kung bakit ko pa tinanong sa'yo 'yon Gabby. Naiinis ako sa sarili ko. I might just ruin our friendship. Kaya please, just pretend that you didn't hear anything."

Seryosong tinignan ni Gabby si Lorna.

"Bakit naman ako magbibingi-bingihan sa bagay na matagal ko nang gusto sabihin sa'yo? And I don't just like you, I love you."

*end*