Jock+Nerd

"He was everything a girl could ask for

She was nothing a guy looked for

He got it all

She got nothing"

A week later

Summer's POV

I signed up for softball and made it in on the spot during tryouts.The coach seemed to take a liking on me and insisted that I was added to the team.I may be a bookworm but back in elementary,following middle school,I was a sports kind of student.To add on,I was one of the popular people but absolutely loathe the spotlight.That's why I now try to be an outcast in high school.I want to avoid drama and boys especially.

I'm just glad that I made it in the sport.Training starts in two days time and I have a class test like next week.Everything is happening too fast.Can time just slow down?

I walked down the hallway lost in thoughts and I accidentally bumped into someone.I  instantly apologised.The guy gave me a cold stare and walked off arrogantly.Ugh,guys.To make matters worse,it's the 'good looking' guy who sat behind me in basically all the classes except for math.

I'm doing fairly well in all my subjects except chemistry.Chem-is-try,i tried.A week had gone by and I'm dubbed a nerd or an outcast.I made a few friends though.It's a pretty good thing since that I'm shy and hate socialising.Well, in elementary and middle school,I don't talk much but the spotlight is on me almost all the time.

I have great fashion sense but I sometimes choose to wear baggy clothes because I realise dressing up attracts attention.So here I am with my prescribed glasses,sweatpants and a hoodie.Simple is all I want.

Jack's POV

The week after the first day of school went by like a breeze.I made it into football with Gavin and I couldn't be any happier.Classes were fine.I aced in all subjects except math unfortunately.I was moved to a math class where all the 'slow' kids were in.

I made plenty of friends and you could say that lots of girls are after me.I'm flattered but I absolutely have no idea how to deal with love letters in my locker almost everyday or random girls coming up to me just to say hi.

I was in deep thoughts and accidentally bumped into someone.The person apologised and thought that it was her fault but really,it was mine.Noticing at how panicked she looked I stifled a laugh and gave her a cold stare before walking away.Her face was priceless it was like a deer caught in the headlights.I recognise her,she's that bookworm.The one who always have time to read amidst all the classes.She's smart though except in chemistry but her math is truly her best subject in my opinion.She scored full marks in her math class test from what I've heard from Gavin.Like how?

Being popular is a bliss because everyone wouldn't dare cross you neither would they dare to disobey you.But,your reputation is on the line.Any wrong move,you'd be the target of the whole school.Since I'm one of the populars,I dress to impress.I always finish my outfit with my favourite leather jacket.Girls love this look on me and I do too.