Negan Imagine #6

Imagine you were Negan's bestfriend before the apocalypse but you were out of town for a week when it all went down so when you reunite with him at the line up, who knows what happens.

You had been at your parents house when the world went to shit, you'd all been sitting around the table having lunch when the emergency alert came on the news which warned everyone to get out of the city. It had even shown live footage to show that this wasn't a joke. So you and your parents had packed everything you could and chucked it in the car and just drove off. 

You'd made sure to bring your phone with you to try and get in contact with your friends to see if they were okay and where they were. None of them answered, not even Negan answered who was your bestfriend and still is.. If he's alive and kicking which you didn't doubt he was. You had asked your parents to go to his to see if he was dead or even to see if he'd gotten out just so you'd know that he may have been safe. However, your parents were christian and had never approved of Negan being your bestfriend even when you were going into your late thirties. It was because of his loud personality and due to the fact they he did things that went against the bible on purpose. You knew he did it on purpose to piss your parents off and it made you laugh. So they just didn't like him and refused to let you go back for him. 

So you and your parents had set off driving until you ran out of petrol, you eventually set up camp somewhere quiet and it seemed to be safe. It had been safe for a very long while, you had learnt how to hunt and you were next to a lake so you had learned how to fish. This was all to survive without having to go on runs to scavenge for food and other necessities, of course your parents didn't approve of it but they couldn't argue with you about it because it was for survival. 

However, there was one day when you had come back to find that they had killed themselves and had turned into walkers. Ever since that day, you had resented them for leaving you alone in this world to survive on your own. It had been their idea to camp in hiding and not fight the walkers although you had been secretly learning how to fight and kill those things because there may have been a time when one or ten did stumble upon you three. So when you found them, you left them there to rot. Packing everything again, you set off and just began walking. You'd then been on your own for another year or more, you hadn't been keeping track anymore - there didn't seem to be any point. Over that time period, you had stopped and slept in many odd houses that had beds so you could get a good nights rest.

There was one morning when there came a knock on the door of a house you had been in for a couple of days. It was while you were eating something from a can, you didn't know what it was but it didn't taste horrible. So grabbing your trusty knife and gun, that you kept with you to kill anything that threatened you, you crept over to the door and looked through to see two guys. One that looked like he couldn't even hurt a fly and the other who looked like he'd been through a lot - he had long shaggy hair and a crossbow. Thinking about it, they must have known you were in there so there wasn't much point in running so knowing you could take them. You opened the door. 

The first one, Aaron had told you all about the place they lived in - Alexandria. And how it was a really nice place and could provide a bed to sleep in. The second one, Daryl looked at you and asked three questions. How many walkers had I killed? Too many to count you had answered. How many people had you killed? A few. Why? Because they tried to rape and kill you and there were a few other reasons. So after you had answered those questions, they asked if you wanted to come back with them and you had said yes. 

So that's where you were today. You'd been there for a few weeks now and hadn't really become attached to anyone yet. But when you heard the name Negan being passed around, you started integrating yourself more into the community - going on every run just in case you had an encounter with him because of course you wanted to be reunited with your bestfriend. So when Maggie needed to be rushed to Hilltop, you of course went with them.