Ah Ha! I found it!

Brantley's POV

I flip and flopped in my bunk. Turned and punched my pillow and glared at the bunk above me as Jesse snored away. I wish I could sleep. It had been three months since that night in Athens and we were headed back home. I had done everything I could to beg, plead, and borrow to Ben to get Cassie's number.

I had even called his mom and she wouldn't budge either. I had gotten yelled at by Ben and reminded that if Cassie wanted to talk to me she would  have already asked him for my number or given it to me that night. Argghhhh.......

I wanted to at least talk to her one more time. I hadn't been able to get her out of my head since that night. Since we were headed home maybe I would run into her again. Hell, I'd comb every bar in Athens if I had to. I tapped my fingers on my chest then grinned as an idea I should have thought of sooner hit me. I pushed the curtain back and carefully eased out of my bunk to creep into the kitchen. I remembered that Ben had plugged his phone up in there earlier.

I spied it sitting on the counter and picked it up as I slid mine out of the pocket. I flipped through his contacts real quick and found what I was looking for. I let out a sigh of relief when I found Cassie's number and programmed it into my phone. It was the beginning of December and we'd be home until the beginning of January before hitting the studio again some.

Maybe I could catch up with her while I was home. I had asked Ben what it was that she did but he had just grinned. I tip toed and crawled back in bed with a big yawn. I knew it was close to four in the morning so I would try and call her tomorrow when I got home.

I took a deep breath the next day around noon as I walked out onto the back deck at Mama's and pulled my phone out of my pocket after lighting a cigarette. I sank down into the rocking chair I had gotten made for her last Christmas with a sigh. I pulled up Cassie's number and debated with myself on calling or texting her.

I shook my head at being chicken. Wasn't like I had any problem finding a girl to hook up with if I wanted to, but I had stayed away from feeling anything for one since Amber walked out and had not come back. Said she couldnt handle the pills and drinking anymore.

Dammit, I had it under control. My finger hovered over the SEND button with hesitation. She seemed like such a good girl. Did I really want to expose her to that side of me? I could keep her as a friend and do my damnedest to keep her away from it. I hit the button and lifted the phone to my ear as it started to ring.

"Hello," I heard a groggy voice come through the phone as I could hear covers rustle around. Damn, I woke her up. "Hellooooo......"

I cleared my throat before talking. "Cassie," I said hearing my voice crack just a little and I winced. Way to go BG. Sound sooooo smooth.

"Yes," she said. I could just see her narrowing her eyes at the phone. What was it about this girl that made me feel like I was fifteen again.

"Hey, ummm this is Brantley," I said tapping my finger on my knee pondering if I could sneak a beer and Mama not kill me. "I met you a couple of months ago when you came to see Ben."

"Oh yea," she said quietly. "Hey, how have you been hotshot?"

"Pretty good," I replied with a chuckle. "We've been busy. Getting a little down time before going back into the studio."

"That's what Ben was telling me the other day," Cassie said. "I see you finally figured out how to get my number."

"Darlin," I said with a laugh. "I have been trying since the day after I met you. Ben wouldn't budge. Said if you had wanted me to have it you would have given it to me."

"Ughhh.... that over protective jackass," she grumbled. "How did you finally get it out of him?"

"Well....." I drawled out with a chuckle and settled back in the chair. "I may have got the number out of his phone early this morning while he was snoozing away. He's kept it close since I had been begging but guess he forgot last night."

"Serves his ass right," Cassie said with a sleepy giggle then a yawn.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up darlin," I said quietly.

"It's fine BG," she said with a quiet laugh. "I didn't get in until early this morning. I've got time off too until around the first of the year. Drove in from the airport and crashed."

"So," I asked my curiosity piqued. "What is it that you do? You already know what I do so it's only fair."

"Promise to not laugh," Cassie said with a chuckle.

"Cross my heart honey," I replied with a smile.

"I'm an actress," she said. "Nothing really big yet. Music videos, a couple of TV shows, commercials, and a few small roles in some smaller movies. But I stay pretty busy."

"Really?" I asked as my eyes widened.

"You said you wouldn't laugh Brantley," she drawled with a chuckle.

"I'm not. I promise," I said shaking my head even though she couldn't see me. "Wasn't what I was expecting. I thought you might go to school out in LA."

"Nope," she said.

"So, um, I know you just got in and we did to, but uh," I stammered. Get it together B. "I'd really like to see you. Would you like to get together and do something later?"

"Brantley," she said slowly. Shit, here it comes I was gonna get turned down. I foresaw a date with a bottle of Jack if that happened. "I'm still a little jet lagged but if you would be down for just watching some movies here I would be up for that."

I fist pumped the air then was glad that no one was around to see it. Kolby would give me so much hell. I was almost twenty-six years old. I cant remember the last time I was excited about a date. Damn, it really had been a while.
"Yea darlin. That sounds like a plan to me. Want to text me your address?"

"Yea, I can do that," Cassie said. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. "I've got plenty of movies. Think I can sweet talk you into pizza, wine, and cookies?"

"Please say chocolate chip darlin," I said biting my lip. "Those are my weakness."

"Mine too," she whispered then laughed. "I'll send you the address and see you in a few hours."

"Sounds like a plan," I said grinning like an idiot. "See you then."

"Bye Brantley," she said before ending the call. I knew with my hectic schedule in the coming year I didn't have time for more than a casual thing and Cassie seemed like the type of girl that deserved more. But that wasn't going to stop me from at least getting to know her.

Cassie's POV

I flopped back onto my pillow shaking my head. What had I just agreed to? I know what my schedule looked like for the next year. My entire January and February was booked solid. I'd be lucky if I saw the state of Georgia before April. Good thing I could always stay with a good friend of mine, Kelsey when I was in LA. I had gotten an email last night about a potential music video in March but I didn't know for who yet since all the details hadnt been ironed out.

I knew Shane said it was someone he hadn't worked with before. I glanced over at my phone sitting beside me on the bed. I had been surprised to hear from him. I had thought for sure that Brantley would have called before now. That's what I get for being coy I guess. That and Ben had told me before he had been kind of playboy since his ex walked away from him a few years ago.

I knew I didn't have time for a boyfriend or any guy right now. But damn could the man kiss. I still caught myself thinking about how soft his lips had been a couple months later. I had gone out to a bar with a few friends one night and was passed a shot of whiskey and automatically was taken back to that kiss with the memory of the faint taste of it on Brantley's lips and tongue.

I let out a groan and flopped my arm over my eyes. I halfway wanted to kill Ben for being an overprotective ass and not giving him my number before now. But at least I had the chance to see him again. I felt a grin spread across my lips as I pushed my hair away from my face. Wasn't hurting anything in getting to know him a little bit. Man was hot as hell and a heck of a kisser.