unconditionally

This was it. 

They had been talking online for a while, 

And now was the time. 
_______________________________
They were so nervous. 

They had been waiting for this moment for a while, as they had slowly fallen in love with her. 

They only knew each other by their online alias, but that didn't matter. Today was the day. 
----------------------------------
They looked around the park they decided to meet up at, and saw someone. A girl, looking about 20, was holding up a small sign. 'GlitterGunner', it read. 'Well, here goes nothing', They thought. 

Slowly, the short 18-year-old walked up to the obviously older girl. While it took a bit, the other girl finally noticed. 

"Oh! Hello! Are you GlitterGunner on Discord?", The other girl asks cheerfully. 

The young genderless adult nodded. "I-I am. So... You're Darkesia?", They asked quietly. 

Darkesia nodded enthusiastically. "Indeed I am! Are you ready for our day of fun?"

They ended up nodding, which made Darkesia jump with glee. 

"Come on! Let's go on a walk first!", Darkesia exclaimed, grabbing the hand of the 18-year-old. Luckily for GlitterGunner, Darkesia didn't notice their face blushing. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a walk around the park, a boat ride, playing some carnival games, and getting ice cream, they were walking back to the park; which was where their cars were. Glitter had warmed up to Darkesia, talking and skipping around with a big grin on their face. 

Finally, they had made it to the park. Their talking ceased, and walking stopped, as they turned to each other,  holding hands. After a bit, Darkesia blushed a little, and finally said, "I had a great time tonight."

"Y-Y-Yeah! Yeah! I did too!", Glitter responded, smiling a lot. "Especially hearing about your dogs. They are almost as crazy as mine!", They exclaimed. Both of them laugh a bit, filling the awkward empty silence; but after a bit, they were back to the silence. 

"Uh... Hey Glitter?", Darkesia asked. 

"Y-Yeah..?"

"I... I really had fun tonight. I should have done this before, but I'm Oakley. Uh, here...", Darkesia, now known as Oakley, reaches into her back pocket and pulls out a slip of paper, handing it to Glitter. It had a phone number on it, with the words 'Call Me! -Oakley' under it. "Would... Would you like to go on a date with me?", Oakley finished. 

Glitter blushed immensely. "N-no..."

Oakley's face fell. "N-No...?"

Glitter nodded. "No... Cause I would love to. I'm Devin.", Glitter, now known as Devin, said smoothly.

Oakley was quite impressed, grinning. "Heh. I got scared for a moment there. I'll text you when I get home, yes?", She asks. 

Devin nods. "I'll see you then. Also...", They suddenly go on their tiptoes and kiss her cheek, a bit quickly saying, "I-I love you!"

Oakley was shocked for a moment, but then smiled and said, "I love you too."

Devin grins, and runs off, calling a goodbye. They didn't want Oakley to see their blush. 

Oakley smiled, and watched them run off. She turns to her phone, types a couple of things, and hits send. 

From Devin's truck, they see the message on their phone, which read: 'Heh. You look adorable while blushing. Goodnight Devin ❤'. They blush, and drive home, having sweet dreams instead of the nightmares. 

El fin.... For now
___________________________
A/N- Thank you so much Matizmo for making the cover! You're the best!