06 | morty x reader | calls

morty x reader / calls
warnings: cursing & more of morty's cuteness

morty collapses onto his bed and groans loudly with his face flushed deep red. throwing his arm over his eyes, he tries to forget the embarrassing moment that just happened. he can't believe he just did that!

as in, he accidentally tripped you, his crush, when you were walking by, causing you to fall and hit your nose on a locker and groan in pain. he basically just ruined your cute nose.

morty's a guilty and embarrassed mess as he rolls around in his bed and wails into his pillow. what the hell?!

he just happened to have his leg stick out at the same moment you turned the corner. now everyone, including you, hates him!

after a while of tangling his legs in his bed sheets and summer screaming up at him to 'shut up', he stares plainly up at the ceiling with basically empty brown eyes.

he had offered to help you to the infirmary, stuttering and sweating, but your friends just glared at him. and now he feels like claws are digging into him with guilt.

abruptly, morty feels something buzz in his pocket and when he pulls out his phone it's rick calling him. confused, the boy answers it, rick sounding distressed from the other side.

"m-morty, you have to help me with this shit!" his grandpa hisses into the phone and morty could hear shots being fired.

he sits up in his bed, surprised, "rick! w-w-where are you?!"

there's a moment of rick grunting and swearing through the phone, but after a moment, rick responds, "fuck yeah! to hell to those piece of shits!" he rejoices, and morty can hear him chugging on his flask.

the boy rolls his eyes, "r-rick, what just happened?"

"just stole a plasma 2000, baby, that's what!" rick cries out through the phone and morty blinks in response.

"w-what do you need, rick?" morty asks with annoyance in his voice.

there's a minute of rick burping and buttons being pressed, "i-i lost my pOORRRTAALl gun,  morty, so i need to go through t-the hard way." morty hears him mumbling curse words.

"w-well okay, i-i'll just-" he's about to hang up.

"no! m-morty!" rick cuts him off, surprising morty with his loud cry, "i-i need you to tell m-me about your dAAYy, morty."

"huh?" morty processes what his grandpa just said before his face goes red, "w-w-what? why?"

he could hear rick do some tinkering and the boy guesses that rick is on his ship, "i-it's the only way to get past the new s-system without getting caught with illegal items, morty." he explains.

morty's eyebrows pull together, "that's s-stupid."

he could visibly picture his grandpa rolling his eyes, "jeez, a-ain't that right. n-now fucking hurry up, i'm almost thEREEEe."

and with that, morty is stuttering frantically, "o-oh shit- i-i-i-i-uh, had b-breakfast..." he mumbles the rest of his sentence and he could hear rick scoff in annoyance.