Chapter 01 ◇ Prelude to Ending

EPISODE ONE
LAST DAY'S SURPRISE

Icelyn couldn't believe it.

It's her last day before school starts again.

She sighed. School sucked for her, considering everyone bullied her for having snow white hair--literally--and how everyone constantly called her that. If it wasn't enough, they nicknamed her "Icy" to even go with the hair. It annoyed her to an extent, but it was something she had grown used to. All her life since kindergarten, it had been that way.

Of course, there were some nice kids who complimented her instead, saying how it was 'cool' to have snow white hair. She sometimes saw that as a joke or insult, depending on her mood. Nevertheless, she accepted those compliments.

"Icy!" Her housemate, Gabbi, hollered. "Time to get up!"

The time was merely just seven in the morning, and the girl just wanted to sleep some more despite the sunshine. Icy just groaned as she pulled the blankets over her head, oddly feeling cold. The lack of response annoyed Gabbi as she yelled once again.

"I'll pull you off the bed again!" She threatened. "Don't make me go up there!"

Icelyn just groaned, followed by a "Not that I'm concerned!"

This made Gabbi fume. "Alright, you asked for it!"

Loud stomping could be heard from the stairs. The loud footsteps approached Icy's room as she anticipated the event. She stayed silent as the door opened. The atmosphere grew tense as Gabbi stood beside the bed. For a moment, there was suspense.

Gabbi glared down at Icy. "Are you not getting up the bed?" She asked tauntingly, ready to drag the other girl. "Today's the last day of summer and you know we both have classes tomorrow."

"I'm not getting off anytime soon." The white-haired scoffed under the sheets.

The brunette sighed, "You asked for it."

Instead of the usual grab-the-legs-and-drag-her-down tactic, Gabbi lifted Icy from her bed. This surprised the lifted as Gabbi carried her on the shoulder. "Wh-what are you doing?!" She shrieked. "Put me down!"

"Not today, Icy!" Gabbi replied, determined to surprise Icy further.

In less than a moment, screams and yelling were heard in the household. A few thumps were heard, but the neighbors deemed it normal since they had been like this for a long time. Gabbi's antics never changed, and it never ceased to amuse them anyhow. Even if they tried to stop these kinds of situations, they'd just end being tangled up in that mess. Nevertheless, the rolling went on.

Gabbi had finally come to a stop, setting Icy down on the couch. The poor white-haired bounced, head spinning and mind dizzy. She held up a hand to her head to ease the dizziness. "Good grief...!" She exclaimed.

The brunette just dusted her hands before placing them on her hips. "I hope this'll make you think twice about being lazy on me next time," she triumphantly taunted. "I have more of that coming just in case you ever, ever intensify that sarcasm."

"Not happening," Icy responded, now rubbing an eye. "Can I just get some breakfast?"

"Sure," Gabbi answered. "I just made breakfast before I had to drag you out of your room."

The last statement made Icy glare at her, but the other just stuck her tongue out in retaliation. The white-haired rolled her eyes, but smiled at her housemate's silliness. Having a crazy guardian can be very... entertaining.