Meet Asesinato Hombre

Asesinato Hombre stood by the rickety apartment. The scaffolding was broken; everyday a bit collapsed, taking some wall with it. He sneered as he watched a man exit a taxi. Unknown to his observer, the man hurried down the lane. He scurried past Asesinato Hombre, who pounced with the agility of a wolf. A muffled shriek (¡ayúdenme!); Asesinato Hombre wrapped his hands around his victim's throat. His struggles ceased as a knife slipped across his Adam's apple. Blood trickled from the wound. Asesinato Hombre crouched by the man, and searched him for valuables.

    A mobile phone, useless; a wallet, handy; a pack of cigarettes and lighter; a spare key; a small scrunched up note. He pocketed all the possessions, excepting the note. Asesinato Hombre read it. A phone number was hastily scribbled; that was all. He memorised it, threw it away; dipped his finger into the slashed skin at the victim's throat, forming "AyúdenMMe!".

    After dragging the body out a bit, Asesinato Hombre took out a cigarette and the lighter. He gazed at the flickering light for a moment, before putting the flame to the cigarette clamped in his lips. Tucking the lighter back in his pocket, he inhaled deeply. Smoke dove into his lungs; he inhaled willingly. After he threw the stub away, he fished another - and another - and another out. Soon, when the cigarettes were gone, he went on the prowl to find more prey.

    Being a heavy chain smoker, he needed more cigarettes to satisfy his daily needs. Five more attacks; only a meagre handful of cigarettes. Shrugging, Asesinato Hombre used them up. With gleaming eyes, he spotted a group of teenagers sneakily smoking and doing other things behind a building. After craftily making up his mind, he crept over to them. With deep cunning, which was obviously good with experience, he asked for a cigarette. The boys gave him a packet, but when they offered a lighter, he declined. With mock care, he asked the group if their parents knew they were underage for both things they were doing: smoking and … he didn't want to think about it. 

    The group immediately glared at him; in their opinion he was another annoying adult. The boys closed in, but to Asesinato Hombre they weren't menacing: merely silly to think they could take him. A drawn flash of a dagger; he stabbed one boy near to him. A gurgle, and the boy dropped in a pool of warm blood. Slipping in the viscous life of his friend, another fell onto the waiting blade. A girl screamed, and she tried to run. But Asesinato Hombre was there, waiting with the gored blade.

    He caught her by her hair, and pressed the blade against her throat threateningly. She punched him, and Asesinato Hombre slit the knife slowly across her throat. The skin opened up like a wound unstitched. She gasped in shock. He cut open her shirt, and tore the blade down her chest. Smiling, he drew out her beating heart. The other teenagers stopped in horror. In front of her bulging eyes, he ate the heart. He twisted her hair in her grasp as she died. Not bothering to wipe the blood from his mouth, Asesinato Hombre licked his fingers. The girl dropped. Screaming, the rest of the teenagers fled the horrible scene. Asesinato Hombre bent, and drew "Never punch MMe again!". 

    Asesinato Hombre licked his fingers for all the traces of heart that still lingered. "Mmm," he murmured in content. More people murdered. More cigarettes, a few lighters, and nothing else. He smiled, revealing straight, pointy teeth, stained red with blood. Blood smeared his mouth, up his cheeks and across his lips. It dripped off his chin in small rivers. He ran his tongue over the flow.

    "Delicious."