01.

↠

"What the hell is wrong with you dad?!" The strawberry blonde fumed, a hand set on her hip, a permanent look of annoyance etched across her usually soft features.

After taking a couple of seconds to compose himself, Tristan sent his daughter a charming smile, faking complete innocence. "I'm afraid I do not understand what you are talking about."

"Don't do that innocent act with me dad. Aunty Aurora isn't answering any of my calls." She claimed, her voice only slightly calmer. "What did you do this time?"

He raised the palms of his arms in front of him, a gesture that looked similar to someone shielding themselves from an attack. "What makes you thinks I had anything to do with your aunts disappearance?"

"Oh, I don't Know," Her voice dripped with sarcasm. "...experience?"

Even after a thousand years she still did not understand her father's need to lock away her aunt. Sure the older red head had her crazy-ish moments, but she wasn't as crazy as Tristan made everyone believe.

In desperation Tristan glanced at his most trusted ally, Aya.

The brunette stood by the door, trying and failing to silence her laughs. "A little help here?" Tristan gestured towards the now pacing strawberry blonde. At his request the brunette merely shook her head, her lips forming a silent 'no'. Sending him a look that clearly said 'i am not getting payed enough to involve myself in this'.

Everyone in The Strix knew that when the youngest de Martel got mad it was the best idea to simply stay out of her way. Sure with her 5 feet and 3 inches, she looked tiny and innocent but she had a lot of anger issues. And the fact was that she had a very piercing voice, making vampire twice her size shiver at the mere thought of her yelling at them.

Noticing that she was nowhere near finding out where her aunt was, Sophia rolled her chocolate brown eyes, a loud groan escaping her lips.

She sent her father the best puppy eyes she could. "Just tell me where she is." So I can get her out.

Of course she didn't tell him the last part, but the expression he made forced her realize he knew exactly what she was thinking. Which made her silently curse the fact that he knew her too well.

Slowly but surely Tristan felt himself grow tired of arguing with his daughter, while getting laughed at by Aya. "Sophia believe me when I say that Aurora will be back shortly, before you know it." He seemed honest, but Sophia still didn't believe a word that left her father's mouth.

"Oh really?" She snorted in disbelief. "Less then a minute ago you were trying to make me believe you had nothing to do with her disappearance."

She flipped her hair in a sassy manner as she turned towards the door. On her way out she sent Aya a smile. Just to make sure the woman knew it was not her that Aurora was upset with.

"Aurora will be back in a week, tell one of your Strix pets to get a room ready." She didn't even bother turning to see Tristan, instead she walked out of her fathers study and into her bedroom.

Once she slammed the door (loudly, making every vampire in the house flinch) the girl glanced around her bedroom. Completely taking in the way her room looked. The walls were a boring plain white color.

And there weren't many decorations in the room. Only exception being a couple of silly pictures (she got them with the frames) that were neatly placed on her nightstand. The scarlet red nighstand was next her kind sized bed that was covered in fluffy white pillows. Right in front of the bed there was a scarlet red bench where she had a couple of dozen empty shoe boxes piled up.

To the left there was another matching nightstand that was messily covered with a couple of books and a mug of coffee she had drank that morning. Except for that and a couple of moving boxes the room looked pretty empty. It lacked any kind of personal touches.

But then again that was the usual decor, given the fact they were a family of thousand year old vampires and had hundreds of apartments all over the world.

With a huff she flopped down onto her comfy bed, she had absolutely nothing to do in the apartment. That's why she had been looking for Aurora in the first place, the two always knew how to cause mischief together. They'd either stay inside and watch TV while gossiping about all the hot guys in Teen Wolf (which annoyed Tristan to no end) or they'd go outside and find themselves guys hotter than the ones in Teen Wolf (which luckily Tristan was blesfully unaware of).

But with her aunt gone Sophia didn't have much to do.

Oh who was she kidding? She had nothing to do.

There weren't many things she could do alone. She could go outside but it was way to early and the clubs she usually visited clearly weren't open yet. But then again she could flirt anywhere, as long as there was alcohol.

With a smirk of mischief she jumped of her large bed and turned towards her dresser. She knew exactly where she'd go. There was this bar, she couldn't quite remember the name but she knew the bartender there. The blonde bartender was very fun and since she was a psychologist Sophia loved talking to her.

In matter of seconds Sophia already found the perfect outfit. A dark green mini dress which had long silk see through sleeves, matched with black high heels and a black clutch purse. She didn't even bother with make up except for fixing her lipstick.

Her strawberry blonde hair was already curled to perfection. So with one last glance in the mirror, Sophia jumped out of the window, thanking the universe for the perks of being a vampire. It was better to risk breaking her neck due to her own clumzines than to risk her father finding out exactly where his daughter was about to go.

It took the female vampire about ten minutes to find the bar, during which she got hit on by three different creeps, and when she saw the flashing name sign she sighed in relief. She was about to open the bar's door but somebody beat her to it. Mentally Sophia found herself admiting that whoever he was, he was not bad looking. He opened the door and she could swear she noticed him smirk at her.

The strawberry blonde unconsciously licked her lips, an idea forming in her devious mind. "Thank you very much, handsome." She eyed him up and down shamelessly, a grin forming on her face. "I'm Sophia by the way."

He chuckled devilishly, gently taking one of her palms into his bigger one. Easily lifting it to his lips. "Pleasure to meet you Sophia."